Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 14496 View attachment 14496
That looks great, Alan. Are the Hi-lift mounts clamped to the tube which circles around the front from the rollcage?

MC, you don't get to decide if it's a bummer to me. My plan didn't work, and that was a bummer. :)

Also, to me, a bottle jack is hydraulic. This little jack isn't. Screw jack may not be the correct term, but it's not a bottle jack, as I understand the term.

Joe
That's correct Joe, they attach to the tube in front of the grill. I got them at Amazon a described below. It makes for a very sturdy mount.

Hi-Lift Jack TM-700 1"-2" Adjustable Tube Mount
by Hi-Lift

Reactions: Sledge
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Oh, and is the 36" UTV jack just a foot shorter than my 48" standard jack, or are there other differences?

Have hacksaw, can cut.

Joe
Actually the 36" length is the only difference so cut away.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 14496 View attachment 14496
That looks great, Alan. Are the Hi-lift mounts clamped to the tube which circles around the front from the rollcage?

MC, you don't get to decide if it's a bummer to me. My plan didn't work, and that was a bummer. :)

Also, to me, a bottle jack is hydraulic. This little jack isn't. Screw jack may not be the correct term, but it's not a bottle jack, as I understand the term.

Joe
Easy feller, I was deciding nothing for you. Hate it if you're bummed though. Good luck with your decision.

S

Sledge

You may want to get a handle keeper also Joe.
Nah. I've used a bicycle toe-strap for years. Works great.

Besides, I've got an oversize ball-bearing welded into the end of my handle, so the keeper wouldn't work.

I'm probably going to cut less than a foot off. I'll see once I mount it. More length is better, I reckon.

Btw, I cancelled the Amazon order and bought from Rocky Mtn ATV. Saved 8 bucks.

So far, I am very impressed with RMATV.

Joe

Reactions: ehart814
S

Sledge

Easy feller, I was deciding nothing for you. Hate it if you're bummed though. Good luck with your decision.
Not bummed anymore, brother! It's gonna work!

Just playin'. Did you miss the smiley?

Your pal Joe

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Besides, I've got an oversize ball-bearing welded into the end of my handle, so the keeper wouldn't work.

I'm probably going to cut less than a foot off. I'll see once I mount it. More length is better, I reckon.

Joe
Looking forward to seeing that mounted. I am considering going this route some day... kill two birds: better bumper, and useful tool.

I'm a huge RMATV fan. I've ordered from many places, but they just can't be beat. I'm in PA, and my order arrive the day after I place them! I have also had to return an item, and that was very painless. Free return shipping if you are exchanging for another item.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not bummed anymore, brother! It's gonna work!

Just playin'. Did you miss the smiley?

Your pal Joe
Lol, all good here buddy!!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
RM

Joe
RMATV is the only place I get most of my stuff, if they sell it and I want/need it I will get from them and they will match a price if you can find it somewhere cheaper. I get my stuff from the Utah Warehouse so living in Grand Junction, Colorado I get it in 2 day or less.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Alan, why do you remove the base?

Doesn't seem to be in the way to me.

Joe
Good question Joe and good catch to see it. I had it mounted lower before I put on the winch and did not like the small amount of clearance between the base and the tire going over rough obstacles and just left it off when I remounted it. I have it in the under hood storage box.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!