Jackson Turbo new firmware

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think we were told 120, but it felt like more to me.

We raced the Hess kit we did against my GMs Jackson Turbo, the N/A car got the hit and pulled a little but the Turbo was reeling it in.

The shifting on the N/A was much crisper and harder hitting.
That car got pistons as well as the ported head and camshaft, also had HMF exhaust.

Hell ya, that makes me happy hearing that!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
For short course racing like at Texplex and Mid America the unobtanium Maxxis SC-1's are great. Very similar to the Hoosiers im running. If you guys are sponsored by Maxxis you may be able to get your hands on some. These race tires only weigh 23lbs each.

For the woods racing id stick to what you got. Not wort bashing wheels and getting flats to gain a little acceleration.

Lighter wheels are where its at. The less rotating mass the better. If I had lots of extra cash to burn I would be looking at DWT or OMF beadlocks. Lightest beadlock UTV wheels on the market but the price also reflects that. :(

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Oh, and sombody needs to make scalloped and drilled lightweight brake rotors. :cool:

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
have not put them in yet... have other issues to fix first. having some clutch problems.

Is this the relearn issue I keep hearing about or did you physically smoke the clutches with all the HP?

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
relearn wont work. keeps failing. drives fine except needs a relearn. dealer is working on it. honda is confused. seems im the first with this problem... lol

H

HondaTech

Oh, and sombody needs to make scalloped and drilled lightweight brake rotors. :cool:

We're running Maxxis for contingency in IXCR.

EBC announced some rotors awhile back but we can't get a word out of them on availability.

We cracked all 4 of our stock ones at some point.

ToolTime

ToolTime

Oct 10, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X
relearn wont work. keeps failing. drives fine except needs a relearn. dealer is working on it. honda is confused. seems im the first with this problem... lol
Are you getting any codes to go along with the issue? On another note, I’d mentioned I was going to be following in your footsteps, I got my Jackson kit installed last week and got to take it out over the weekend. It is one of the first 2021 Live Valve kits out and have to say I’m happy with it out of the gate. Still need to install my boost and A/F gauge, then I can see what it is really doing. On a similar dyno to what Jackson uses for their testing I got the same RWHP results stock, 90hp. Hoping to get it in next week to see what it is making now with the i modified Jackson kit and tune. .

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Are you going to dyno testing the Jackson kit as is or are you going to be using a piggyback fuel tuner and adjustable boost controller like MDFMac did to tweak the kit beyond stock for the dyno run? The i modified part is throwing me off.

Either way, looking forward to hearing the results.

ToolTime

ToolTime

Oct 10, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X
Are you going to dyno testing the Jackson kit as is or are you going to be using a piggyback fuel tuner and adjustable boost controller like MDFMac did to tweak the kit beyond stock for the dyno run? The i modified part is throwing me off.

Either way, looking forward to hearing the results.
Sorry about the mis-spell there. Jackson kit and tune are bone stock, I want to see what it produces as built. Should have read “unmodified”.

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
i will say for sure that you cant get any more than 12 to 13 psi with stock pistons 93octane. she starts popin at 14 to 15. untill i can start adjusting my timing..... but for now im not doing any more to the engine unless the jackson upgrade kit is worth it... i have spent way to much on what i have lol time to replenish the funds..

oh and no there is no codes. the dealer is talking to honda trying to figure it out. so far its been there for a week with no results. on the + side i got the dealer to order me a mcs from honda.

side note... the honda mcs doesnt work with the jackson tune installed.

Reactions: ToolTime
ToolTime

ToolTime

Oct 10, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X
i will say for sure that you cant get any more than 12 to 13 psi with stock pistons 93octane. she starts popin at 14 to 15. untill i can start adjusting my timing..... but for now im not doing any more to the engine unless the jackson upgrade kit is worth it... i have spent way to much on what i have lol time to replenish the funds..

oh and no there is no codes. the dealer is talking to honda trying to figure it out. so far its been there for a week with no results. on the + side i got the dealer to order me a mcs from honda.

side note... the honda mcs doesnt work with the jackson tune installed.
My best guess is we’re looking at a whole additional expense to take it past where you’ve gotten it. I have heard rumors that MoTec is working on a stand alone ECU that will be capable of handling all of the existing ECU functions (including my Live Valve) but is still at least a year out and all of their stuff comes with a pretty heft price tag. The only other option I see is someone letting us into to the firmware on the existing ECU.

I’m not understanding Honda MCS, what is that?

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
MCS is what the honda dealer used to connect to the engine.

my holy grail would be to have a pv3 tune unlocked for a jackson turbo.. then i can do what ever i want too. i dont have access to a dyno so i cant just build my own tune... at least i haven't got the balls to try yet. lol

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has anybody talked to T1 Racing Development yet? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the reason they make injectors and fuel rails for these Talon engines is because they are messing with these engines. T1 Racing Development is an extremely high end Nissan GTR tuner. Why would they be selling Talon parts if they are not messing around with them? I need to get over there and talk to those guys one of these days......

Reactions: GPR1500SC
ToolTime

ToolTime

Oct 10, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X
I am seeing that Injector Dynamics is offering a variety of injectors for us already UTV - Injector Dynamics so once we get the ECM cracked (which if it is typical Honda stuff, there are already a lot of veterans to the technology) it is “just” a matter of getting it in place and figuring out good maps for the system. I guess then the question becomes how far do we want to go and what are the limits of the motor/trans?

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am seeing that Injector Dynamics is offering a variety of injectors for us already UTV - Injector Dynamics so once we get the ECM cracked (which if it is typical Honda stuff, there are already a lot of veterans to the technology) it is “just” a matter of getting it in place and figuring out good maps for the system. I guess then the question becomes how far do we want to go and what are the limits of the motor/trans?

Ya, T1 Racing Development is selling the Injector Dynamics stuff for the Talons.

H

HondaTech

DynoJet is already all over he Talon ecm, they've unlocked stuff recently that everyone though impossible.

The brains of the Talon are crazy complicated due to the DCT and i4wd.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!