Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Jackson Racing says "Fall". Has anyone heard a more specific timeframe?

Curious as well.

Guessing around the same time as the 4 seaters? (Since they announced at the same time?)

At least through the dealers.

D

DuneFlyer

Nov 27, 2018
Lake Havasu, AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Saw them and Honda at the Sand Show in Costa Mesa, CA - November and $5795 - no way to connect S&B separator yet.

Looked like a nice install regardless.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
They said 60%, so that's 60+ HP. I am not defending the price, but that is a substantial gain.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
They said 60%, so that's 60+ HP. I am not defending the price, but that is a substantial gain.
real world dyno results point to a 150hp range with stock being 109ish with exahust only...

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
real world dyno results point to a 150hp range with stock being 109ish with exahust only...
Not questioning your numbers, but according to who? Jackson's press release states a 60% increase. If it doesn't live up to that I imagine there will be lots of PO'd owners.
Screenshot 2019 12 10 Honda Talon Turbo Press Release  Jackson Racing

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I think you should plop down the cash & report back dyno graphs!;)

No need, I am not a Talon owner, YET, and you're the one who made the claim.;);) Waiting for this to unfold, and to see how they hold up at Glamis when serious duners start thrashing on them with turbos. Some of those single shear mounts, and thin-wall castings may protest the additional HP. I don't want to be in another X3 situation having to rebuild and gusset the whole damn car, and constantly check the Reynolds Wrap frame for cracks. We shall see.

Reactions: bionicman
B

bionicman

Oct 19, 2019
seattle
Ownership

1. Talon X
The talon is typical Honda overweight underpowered but will run past me! I’m fine with that. I’m not racing nor have a manhood complex. Ill look for those dyno results

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
Saw the XTC Talon this last weekend at the AZ off-road show and there’s was a turbo set up. They said it dyno’ed at 150 hp to the wheels, they said the turbo was a “silver” I don’t know who that is. I pic a couple pic in the other thread.

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Saw the XTC Talon this last weekend at the AZ off-road show and there’s was a turbo set up. They said it dyno’ed at 150 hp to the wheels, they said the turbo was a “silver” I don’t know who that is. I pic a couple pic in the other thread.
I would guess that was "Silber", who also makes turbo kits. The one from Jackson Racing is the one that is "factory endorsed".

D

DuneFlyer

Nov 27, 2018
Lake Havasu, AZ
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No need, I am not a Talon owner, YET, and you're the one who made the claim.;);) Waiting for this to unfold, and to see how they hold up at Glamis when serious duners start thrashing on them with turbos. Some of those single shear mounts, and thin-wall castings may protest the additional HP. I don't want to be in another X3 situation having to rebuild and gusset the whole damn car, and constantly check the Reynolds Wrap frame for cracks. We shall see.
I'm not an owner either... yet. I didn't see any single-shear mounts or thin-wall construction on the Talon. What did I miss?

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Rear radius rods. Tie rods. Was hoping for Uni-Balls instead of ball joints, especially where the rear trailing arm mounts to the knuckle.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!