P500 Jak's T-Bar

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I installed @jak9922 's T-bar add-on today. I was concerned it wouldn't fit because I have the custom switch panel installed and loaded with switches. It fit with no problem.

This is how it looked before the t-bar.
IMAG01230

I removed the right side rivets from the dash. You can not see the right-most rivet in the photo above. I cut out the rivet holes in the template with an x-acto knife and stuck the rivets in the template then into the dash. Then taped it secure. I drilled a pilot hole then used 1-1/4" hole saw and drilled through the dash. There is a another piece of plastic behind the dash panel surface you will need to also drill through.

IMAG01231

I removed my switch panel to open up some room. I lifted all of my wires and the bar slid right into place with ease. I chose to insert the bolts from the backside with the nuts on the radiator side. It was easier to get a wrench on the bolt head and allowed me to put loctite on the threads. Then back in the cab, install the grip section of the bar and get it lined up. Then back under the hood to tighten everything down.

IMAG01233

Thankfully, my switch plates went back into place without any issues. My wiring is now a little messy for my liking though. I'll clean that up when it's a little warmer outside.

IMAG01235

Perfect, easy installation and a great add-on. It's sturdy as hell! Thanks for the hard work @jak9922 !

R

Rustell

That will work.... I wonder, has anyone installed one with a "box" there.?

Last edited:
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
ill talk with @Chooglin and figure it out if it does interfere with it ill have to come up with a new design for guys with his box shouldn't be a problem
just a quick look it looks like it will run into his box ill get more indepth tomorrow with it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!