P1000 Jimmys Alaska build

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A IMG 0346 IMG 0349 alright. I picked up my 1000-5 deluxe last weekend and have been unable to ride due to negative temperatures and no windshield. So, I figured this was a good time to start getting it ready for spring hunting season. I have a hard roof, 2 piece windshield and bedliner on order and should be here next week. I went ahead and ordered a switch plate from mystic which got here yesterday. I am waiting on my switches to get here. I also ordered a true isolator system, two volt meters, 4 square leds to use two in the front and two in the back. I am still trying to decide on which dome light. Picked up my second battery yesterday. Tonight I officially started my mods. Cut out the panel for the switch plate. Got a friend of mine who works in a sheet metal shop coming over to rivet it in place instead of bolts to give it a clean look. Right now I just have nails holding it in place. This is going to be a long build due to I have big dreams but no idea what I'm doing. :) I will eventually snorkel it. I tried to talk delton into selling me his bumper but he said no. Man he is stingy. I even said please. Well, if you have any suggestions, they are all welcome.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
AView attachment 29310 View attachment 29311 alright. I picked up my 1000-5 deluxe last weekend and have been unable to ride due to negative temperatures and no windshield. So, I figured this was a good time to start getting it ready for spring hunting season. I have a hard roof, 2 piece windshield and bedliner on order and should be here next week. I went ahead and ordered a switch plate from mystic which got here yesterday. I am waiting on my switches to get here. I also ordered a true isolator system, two volt meters, 4 square leds to use two in the front and two in the back. I am still trying to decide on which dome light. Picked up my second battery yesterday. Tonight I officially started my mods. Cut out the panel for the switch plate. Got a friend of mine who works in a sheet metal shop coming over to rivet it in place instead of bolts to give it a clean look. Right now I just have nails holding it in place. This is going to be a long build due to I have big dreams but no idea what I'm doing. :) I will eventually snorkel it. I tried to talk delton into selling me his bumper but he said no. Man he is stingy. I even said please. Well, if you have any suggestions, they are all welcome.

Yeah, watch out for that @Delton feller. What a turd.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, watch out for that @Delton feller. What a turd.
Haha I get personally attached to stuff I put sweat into lol. In my defense, I did offer to modify one for him. Even do it for free ( learned that from drug dealers. Give em some for free up front, get them hooked on my product, then charge em later on lol)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great looking machine by the way

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Tigermark I thought I was only one crazy enough to be up this early on a Saturday lol. I'm gonna go in little bit and play with a new welder I'm considering buying. Too excited to sleep lol

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
@Tigermark I thought I was only one crazy enough to be up this early on a Saturday lol. I'm gonna go in little bit and play with a new welder I'm considering buying. Too excited to sleep lol
I'm looking forward to seeing the new accessories your going to build with that new welder! ;)

Heck, I had my first cup of coffee at 5:30:rolleyes:. Then the first thing I do is check the forum ;)

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
AView attachment 29310 View attachment 29311 alright. I picked up my 1000-5 deluxe last weekend and have been unable to ride due to negative temperatures and no windshield. So, I figured this was a good time to start getting it ready for spring hunting season. I have a hard roof, 2 piece windshield and bedliner on order and should be here next week. I went ahead and ordered a switch plate from mystic which got here yesterday. I am waiting on my switches to get here. I also ordered a true isolator system, two volt meters, 4 square leds to use two in the front and two in the back. I am still trying to decide on which dome light. Picked up my second battery yesterday. Tonight I officially started my mods. Cut out the panel for the switch plate. Got a friend of mine who works in a sheet metal shop coming over to rivet it in place instead of bolts to give it a clean look. Right now I just have nails holding it in place. This is going to be a long build due to I have big dreams but no idea what I'm doing. :) I will eventually snorkel it. I tried to talk delton into selling me his bumper but he said no. Man he is stingy. I even said please. Well, if you have any suggestions, they are all welcome.
Good start - sounds similar to what i did.
Personally I wouldn't rivet the switch plate on. If you ever need to fix or change something it'll be a pain. I used a little extra wire so I could pull the switch plate out a bit further to work on it. It's been needed a couple times.

I just used 6 black screws to hold it down.

Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Personally I wouldn't rivet the switch plate on. If you ever need to fix or change something it'll be a pain. I used a little extra wire so I could pull the switch plate out a bit further to work on it. It's been needed a couple times.

I hate it when someone comes up with an idea better than mine! I didn't think of that. Good call. Guess I need to head to the hardware store.

Reactions: AKRider and Delton
advertisement
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 30191
Got a box of goodies at work today. Now just need a reason to leave work early and get started. Get ready for some phone calls @AKRider! Lol just kidding. I think I got it now.

Nice! I used screws and nutplates, also. I've had it on and off a few times.

Reactions: sharp
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like this. Sorry if it's confusing. these switches are the ones where the lower light stays on when key is on and the upper light comes on when the switch it pushed up.
IMG 0377

Reactions: JTW
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I have yet to actually install the panel, but I'm planning to use the Honda rivets to hold it in place - easy on and off as the need arises!

J

JTW

I have yet to actually install the panel, but I'm planning to use the Honda rivets to hold it in place - easy on and off as the need arises!
Honda rivets? You mean the little plastic push button things holding the machine together?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda rivets? You mean the little plastic push button things holding the machine together?
Yes, but the small ones... Like they use on motorcycles. 6mm is the size - PM me if you have any problem finding what I'm talking about.

Reactions: JTW
Jimmyscoin

Jimmyscoin

Nov 27, 2016
Fairbanks, alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So some of you know that I have been unable to drive my Honda due to subzero temperatures in the dealership taking forever to get my roof and windshield here. Well I finally got the roof and windshield in.
IMG 0408
IMG 0407

I have installed my plate with my volt meters and my Garmin GPS and my switches. The switches are not hooked up yet because I was waiting for the windshield to get here to see if I would be able to hook my lights to the rollbar. I see now that I will not be able to do that so I'm going to mount them on the hood. This weekend I am mounting my rear lights my domelight and my front lights and wiring everything up.
IMG 0410

J

JTW

So some of you know that I have been unable to drive my Honda due to subzero temperatures in the dealership taking forever to get my roof and windshield here. Well I finally got the roof and windshield in.
View attachment 30909
View attachment 30910

I have installed my plate with my volt meters and my Garmin GPS and my switches. The switches are not hooked up yet because I was waiting for the windshield to get here to see if I would be able to hook my lights to the rollbar. I see now that I will not be able to do that so I'm going to mount them on the hood. This weekend I am mounting my rear lights my domelight and my front lights and wiring everything up.
View attachment 30911
Awesome!! Good luck..

Reactions: Corona1
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!