P500 Joined the P500 nation.

Leep

Leep

Jul 17, 2019
Sacramento
Ownership

1. 500
I just picked up a P500. It is a 2015 with only 165 miles on. I am already obsessed and in the past two weeks I have put 65 miles on it wandering the trails in the sierra's near Truckee Ca. I love what this thing can do and already added a room, Moose bed and half windshield. What I love so far is the 50" width, it is getting me places others cant get. I can clearly see the stock tires are a little inadequate. I have read miles of threads about this and it is easy to get confused but would like a little advice. I am doing a lot of rock crawling and it does feel a little tippy. I understand that is a characteristic of the P500 so I don't want to make it worse. this is what I am thinking

Replace stockers with 26X9X12 front and 26X11X12 rear in with either BH 2.0 or Brearclaws HTR's. The question is can I use the stock rims or is that the wrong offset?. If so what Offset? Or if tipping is a concern do I just go to 25's.

Love this forum, thanks for the help
Rig

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
I just picked up a P500. It is a 2015 with only 165 miles on. I am already obsessed and in the past two weeks I have put 65 miles on it wandering the trails in the sierra's near Truckee Ca. I love what this thing can do and already added a room, Moose bed and half windshield. What I love so far is the 50" width, it is getting me places others cant get. I can clearly see the stock tires are a little inadequate. I have read miles of threads about this and it is easy to get confused but would like a little advice. I am doing a lot of rock crawling and it does feel a little tippy. I understand that is a characteristic of the P500 so I don't want to make it worse. this is what I am thinking

Replace stockers with 26X9X12 front and 26X11X12 rear in with either BH 2.0 or Brearclaws HTR's. The question is can I use the stock rims or is that the wrong offset?. If so what Offset? Or if tipping is a concern do I just go to 25's.

Love this forum, thanks for the help View attachment 151227

Welcome from W.V.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rtn001
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
26x9 all around or some 27x9 all around will fit great. The tires you mentioned are both excellent, but if you mostly ride dry terrain and are doing a lot of rock crawling, I'd buy 27x9x12 Tusk Terrabyte tires. They will climb rocks better but I wouldn't call them a mud tire. But if you stay out of serious mud, the Terrabyte tires are excellent on hardpack, gravel, pavement, rocks, and just general trails. I'm in a muddier climate and I never had an issue with them, but I try to avoid the mud.

I ran Bearclaw HTR tires 26x9 on aftermarket wheels for about 2500 miles and then I ran 27x9 terrabytes on aftermarket with 1.5" rear wheel spacers to even the width front to back. This was on my 500 when I had it. The aftermarket wheels will give you a bit more width which helps the tippiness some.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Welcome from Ga!

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Central Florida. Can't help with tires. If it looks like a rock down here its concrete or asphalt. Good luck.

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum @Leep !
Having ran about every configuration possible...the decision you have to make right now is if you're going just the necessities route? Spacers will work.
Or eventually going all in on this machine? Then get the tires and 5+2 wheels now in a package deal, they'll already be mounted. Sell the stockers on CL to offset the cost.
You'll be off to a good start, lol, welcome to the addiction!

Leep

Leep

Jul 17, 2019
Sacramento
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome to the forum @Leep !
Having ran about every configuration possible...the decision you have to make right now is if you're going just the necessities route? Spacers will work.
Or eventually going all in on this machine? Then get the tires and 5+2 wheels now in a package deal, they'll already be mounted. Sell the stockers on CL to offset the cost.
You'll be off to a good start, lol, welcome to the addiction!

Thanks, great advise. What is your thoughts on same size all 4 corners?

Reactions: 500oneer and rtn001
Leep

Leep

Jul 17, 2019
Sacramento
Ownership

1. 500
26x9 all around or some 27x9 all around will fit great. The tires you mentioned are both excellent, but if you mostly ride dry terrain and are doing a lot of rock crawling, I'd buy 27x9x12 Tusk Terrabyte tires. They will climb rocks better but I wouldn't call them a mud tire. But if you stay out of serious mud, the Terrabyte tires are excellent on hardpack, gravel, pavement, rocks, and just general trails. I'm in a muddier climate and I never had an issue with them, but I try to avoid the mud.

I ran Bearclaw HTR tires 26x9 on aftermarket wheels for about 2500 miles and then I ran 27x9 terrabytes on aftermarket with 1.5" rear wheel spacers to even the width front to back. This was on my 500 when I had it. The aftermarket wheels will give you a bit more width which helps the tippiness some.

Thanks, I had not thought about the Tusk terabyte. I’ll likely never see mud. I would have to go to 27” if I didn’t want to go to a 14”rim. Seems like more sidewalk and less rim wou be better in the rocks. Appreciate you input

Reactions: Red500 and rtn001
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Factory rims will work fine for 26" tires, even if you decide to go the same tire size all around. If you decide later to widen out a bit, you can add up to 2" spacers when ever you wish. The higher sidewalls of tires on the 12" rims will soften the ride, relative to the 14" rims. Welcome to the club!!!

Reactions: 500oneer and rtn001
Leep

Leep

Jul 17, 2019
Sacramento
Ownership

1. 500
Factory rims will work fine for 26" tires, even if you decide to go the same tire size all around. If you decide later to widen out a bit, you can add up to 2" spacers when ever you wish. The higher sidewalls of tires on the 12" rims will soften the ride, relative to the 14" rims. Welcome to the club!!!
Thanks, what’s the benefit with same tire all around?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!