Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Did that a few weeks ago. Although fun as Fuc down there done it more times than i have fingers and toes. But we have our unique trail system thats quite fun as well. You should try it sometime.
Imagine pitting 100+ miles on your rig in one day covering lots of ground and a few bar stops along the way
I'd love to but it's not in the cards this year.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I would love to be there, weather and farming makes it tough to commit
I understand. I am planning to go but will have to cancel if I'm not done making second cutting hay. 120 acres done. only 40 more to go. Weather will make the difference. I guess I can't complain too much if I get delayed. We need the rain bad.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I hear you there on the horse ID Dogsledder - at one time years ago the wife and I had 12 of those critters. Seemed a lot of neighbors had horses at that time as well. Anytime there was a horse on the lose, we got the phone call or had the local officals stopping by despite we had mini's and draft horses, not Standardbreds and Arabians.

Agreed with Red500, 906, JenElio, BBB & Blownzuki - I would love to try and plan one of these again in the future where it is an all week-end, in the U.P. or somewhere that we can log 200 miles a day. But right now I am limited to this one-day deal. Again, thanks for all the interest and feed-back

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I hear you there on the horse ID Dogsledder - at one time years ago the wife and I had 12 of those critters. Seemed a lot of neighbors had horses at that time as well. Anytime there was a horse on the lose, we got the phone call or had the local officals stopping by despite we had mini's and draft horses, not Standardbreds and Arabians.

Agreed with Red500, 906, JenElio, BBB & Blownzuki - I would love to try and plan one of these again in the future where it is an all week-end, in the U.P. or somewhere that we can log 200 miles a day. But right now I am limited to this one-day deal. Again, thanks for all the interest and feed-back
We are now down to 7 horses. Still had 12 last year. We used to stand 2 AQHA stallions and breed close to 60 mares a year. I now have more sled dogs than horses. We have 6 quarter horses and one QH/perchron cross. Had 2 of them for a driving team but they are getting old and we lost his sister over the winter.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This weekend I was at my 55th high school class reunion and the National Threshers Reunion which my grandfather helped start. No exhibit for me this year, Too many things going on. Got a call from a neighbor at 1 pm that I had 3 horses out and in his back yard. That was hard to believe but I rushed 1.5 hours home to find that it wasn't my horses but his Amish neighbor on the other side. He can't tell sorrel Quarter Horses from black Standardbreds.

Well.... maybe it's kinda hard to CALL the amish guy 🤦‍♂️.

#NOMO

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Trying to make this work for us. We don't have an RV nor can we tent camp (she won't, and I can't due to my robot leg).

So we might be coming up on FRI and staying in Waters FRI night (Waters Inn), getting to @Remington's place SAT AM for the ride, then heading back to Waters SAT night and heading home SUN.

Trying to talk our 1000-6 owning friends into joining us as well, but they may be busy that weekend already.

This would be a whole lot easier if we still had our place in Lewiston, about 11 miles east of Remington's place. :oops:

Last edited:
advertisement
DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Well.... maybe it's kinda hard to CALL the amish guy 🤦‍♂️.

#NOMO
You can call them but the phone is in a building not in the house. They check the messages once or twice a day. He lives close enough to them he could have walked to their house in a couple minutes.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
DogSledder: Yep, Amish guy trained my draft horses. Also used the building crew from that same community to build the addition on my house. the community has "a" phone. Someone is assigned to go sit in the "phone shed" for a couple hours a day to answer it and take messages. 8am to 10am was the time slot I had to deal with. Easier to make the 25 minute drive over to his farm than call.

Scoop: thanks very much for the "try" on this ride! Like I said, I really want to do this again when my circumstances are better. I need to do some more renovating at my place in Leota so that I have a bunk house in the back of the garage, a second full bathroom in the shed and more than one spot to park RV's. I will then be more than happy to "host" a ride with you guys!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Scoop: thanks very much for the "try" on this ride! Like I said, I really want to do this again when my circumstances are better. I need to do some more renovating at my place in Leota so that I have a bunk house in the back of the garage, a second full bathroom in the shed and more than one spot to park RV's. I will then be more than happy to "host" a ride with you guys!
While our 1000-6 friends are out, we're still in. We were going to drive up FRI and stay in Waters FRI and SAT nights, but we'll probably drive up early SAT, ride with the group, hang out a while @ @Remington's place, then stay in Waters SAT night before returning home on SUN.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!