Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have 6 handheld Baofeng handie talkies programmed to GMRS frequencies. Anybody coming for the SAT ride need to use one? I will bring one for anyone who doesn't have thier own radio. Let me know.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I have 6 handheld Baofeng handie talkies programmed to GMRS frequencies. Anybody coming for the SAT ride need to use one? I will bring one for anyone who doesn't have thier own radio. Let me know.
never even thought about that. I have 3 of them all programed for ham freqs.

Reactions: Scoop and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just an FYI 9out 10 times we never need them here. I have mine with me but someone always forgets theres so it never gets used like @RRB thats different riding.
We never have issues loosing people. But if ya’ll like and feel more secure, bring em. We will have 5 rigs there

Reactions: Scoop and ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Many folks have mobile units installed in their SXS machine, and GMRS is easy for most everyone because it only requires a license, not passing a test to get a license ... :) Plus, assuming you are a fellow ham, I'm sure you know that GMRS is likely the better choice for shorter distance radio-to-radio comms.

I specifically purchased six UV-5Rs, unlocked them, and programmed them for GMRS and NOAA only to bring to group events to loan out.

Sure, I've potentially violated FAA 'rules' (only if I transmit!) and they are no longer 'legal' for ham use and users are supposed to obtain their GMRS license to transmit on the GMRS frequencies, too, but ... I don't see the FAA roaming around the trails handing out citations.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Just an FYI 9out 10 times we never need them here.
I have no doubt we won't need them, per se. But if everyone has one, maybe they'd get used more.

I have mine with me but someone always forgets theres so it never gets used like @RRB thats different riding.
We never have issues loosing people. But if ya’ll like and feel more secure, bring em. We will have 5 rigs there
I/we never used radios for telling folks we're turning off a trail (or road, in my two-wheeler days). We've always just relied on the "wait at the turn until you are certain the bike behind you sees you are turning before you leave" method for that.

I'm referring to having the ability to warn those behind me if a situation occurs (run off, rollover, breakdown, oncoming vehicle, out of beer, etc.). Or point out something cool along the way ("Hey, check out the two moose f***ing up on the left by the big oak tree!" :oops: ).

Radios are cheap insurance that might help someone keep from getting hurt or keep a machine from getting damaged.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Remington
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I wouldn't be able to hear it if I carried one anyway. 🎼 🤘
I actually have my mobile radio going through my stereo system on the AUX input. While sometimes I'm jamming, I often have it enabled. Someday, I'll find a separate powered speaker for the radio that is audible above the tunes. Meh.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Busy today at work. On a brake right now. Trying to get done so i can head up and open the cabin. If I dont get back on before i leave
U can send me a pm
@trigger can get ahold of me another way.

Safe travels, i think u all have my address? Ill meet u at the gate and tell u where to park.
Lets make this fun and enjoyable were all equal here

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I am back at home and won't be able to be there. About 60 miles from home truck had a problem with the DEF system. Tried clearing the code and couldn't fix it. It now says I have 156 miles till it goes into limp mode. I have the buns and beer but no way to get there. Sorry guys.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am back at home and won't be able to be there. About 60 miles from home truck had a problem with the DEF system. Tried clearing the code and couldn't fix it. It now says I have 156 miles till it goes into limp mode. I have the buns and beer but no way to get there. Sorry guys.
If u have a DPF problem, you most likley have a nox sensor that went out. You will have to put it into a manual regen in order to clear the codes. So take it to a dealer to do it or a scanner to put it into MRG.
Fucin EPA BS. Had it happen to me twice. Call your dealer or a shop that can get u up and running today possibly and head up in the morning

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
We will pick up 2 packs of hamburger buns and 2 packs of hot dog buns and bring them along with the pasta salad.

EDIT: Unless we don't need 16 of each with only 4 machines slated to show up? Let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD
DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The DEF gauge is out and it thinks it is out of DEF but it is completely full. Shop says they can't get me in today. Son-in-law offered me his suburban but it would take a couple hours to get it and get going again. Don't want to be driving through Grand Rapids at 5pm with a vehicle I'm not used to driving. Giving a code P203B and on the instrument panel sais 156 miles till limited to 5 mph

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The DEF gauge is out and it thinks it is out of DEF but it is completely full. Shop says they can't get me in today. Son-in-law offered me his suburban but it would take a couple hours to get it and get going again. Don't want to be driving through Grand Rapids at 5pm with a vehicle I'm not used to driving. Giving a code P203B and on the instrument panel sais 156 miles till limited to 5 mph
Yea, a guy with a GMC Sierra had the same warning message, but when he hit the 0 miles, it never dropped down to 5 mph. It only limited him to 55 MPH max. I think they tell you that to scare you. LOL.

DogSledder

DogSledder

Intelligent Donkey.
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2023
Syracuse, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I don't want to do a 600 mile round trip with it not working. Not so bad if it fails at home.
It is disappointing. I was looking forward to this. If I would have only been going 100 miles or so I would have hooked up the small trailer to the Jeep.

• Sad
Reactions: ChadD and Scoop
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
2013 RAM 2500 Cummins diesel
theres your issue! 🤣 JK
Giving a code P203B and on the instrument panel sais 156 miles till limited to 5 mph
Its limited to 55 fyi. Must have read it wrong. All makes have the same EPA system. And yes, the issue I had and yours is a nox sensor. The upstream or down. I changed both.
When they clogg up they will give u a false reading in your tank level as well, they work and rely on each other together. When one takes a $hit the other one dosnt know what to do with itself.

Dont u have more than one shop?

Reactions: JenElio and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We will pick up 2 packs of hamburger buns
Thanks for the offer on the hamburger buns. We picked up a double pack last night we have packed. But we need the hotdog buns tho.

Reactions: ChadD
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Maybe Dogsledder is willing to make the trip at 55 MPH?

What kind of Jeep?

On the buns: @Remington, are you providing condiments (ketchup/mustard) and lettuce/tomatoes? Wife is asking about that. I told her at this point, it looks like it won't be more than 8 people there (4 buggies).

EDIT: Will only pick up hot dog buns.

Reactions: ChadD and Remington
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!