Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'd be interested. Are we staying at a campground?
Its would easy and on the way for you coming from the UP to my place if thats what you would take.
@trigger has been to my place a few times bit not since we ran the RV Pole and water. @Tramguage1 was there shortly after we got it hooked up.
Here is a few set ups we had.
IMG 1230
IMG 6597
IMG 4922
IMG 1546

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Or you can stay at my place, I have 4 RV hook ups and water. Also 300 yrds from trail 4 trailhead.
Im lttle leas than a hr’s drive trailering to St Helen from the cabin.
I'd have to rent a room from ya, @Remington. This dang robot leg don't work very well tent camping ... ;)

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys- I kind of had to "post-run" yesterday. To answer questions:

1. No, I cannot attend TO this year. My restriction is that I am the only one in my house that currently has a driver's license and can drive. So no long trips leaving the other 4 at home with no way to get anywhere. Right now the estimate from my wife's Occupational Therapist is she might be back behind the wheel in September ~ October time-frame.

2. Because I will have the entire family up at the cabin in Leota for 10 days- I can "get away with" a 1 day ride somewhere. This has been acceptable by my wife for years now, so that is why I was suggesting the dates I did.

OK, St. Helen is a very short drive from Leota, so that would work fine with me! Like Remington, I also have room on our property in Leota for campers, but I'm not really set up good for them yet. I can only offer a 110V extension cord and garden hose right now. In the future, there will be 1 cement pad, 50A hook up with water and sewer.

Now, I also can look at other dates through the summer and just plan a cabin week-end with the family and a 1 day ride with you guys. So I am open for suggestions?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys- I kind of had to "post-run" yesterday. To answer questions:

1. No, I cannot attend TO this year. My restriction is that I am the only one in my house that currently has a driver's license and can drive. So no long trips leaving the other 4 at home with no way to get anywhere. Right now the estimate from my wife's Occupational Therapist is she might be back behind the wheel in September ~ October time-frame.

2. Because I will have the entire family up at the cabin in Leota for 10 days- I can "get away with" a 1 day ride somewhere. This has been acceptable by my wife for years now, so that is why I was suggesting the dates I did.

OK, St. Helen is a very short drive from Leota, so that would work fine with me! Like Remington, I also have room on our property in Leota for campers, but I'm not really set up good for them yet. I can only offer a 110V extension cord and garden hose right now. In the future, there will be 1 cement pad, 50A hook up with water and sewer.

Now, I also can look at other dates through the summer and just plan a cabin week-end with the family and a 1 day ride with you guys. So I am open for suggestions?
FYI, St Helen in July is a dust bowl and lots of whoops. Although I heard they're going to start grooming every couple of weeks starting this yr. Also could be very busy around the holiday. There's just a sh!t ton of trails, sand scramble area, rock climb area and they cater to sxs's. Fuel, restaurants, they're okay with riding on the road as long as you keep it 25 mph or less and no drinking and driving. I've been pulled over twice there. :rolleyes:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That and if I get up and leave my place early enough, I could ride trails from Leota to St. Helen! Wait, that would be do-able on the quad, the P500 might take 3 ~ 4 hours to get there:(
We've done it a few times. It's a little hike from Leota but not terrible.

MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
OK, so there sounds like there is interest in this idea.

What do you guys think about aiming for Saturday the 8th? To get away from the 4th holiday some?

Also, go with Remington's generous offer for a spot to stay at his place and ride out of there?

Just looking to see about making these plans a little more "solid" to start planning.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My goodness - St Helen? That's 500 machines running 50 mph on a couple of whooped out dirt roads and no hills. That's where all the Detroit boys go.

The best riding in the LP is here around Petoskey. I've got a thousand miles of trails mapped around here. I know the back woods so well that you may spend the whole day and see only a few other machines around. You guys are welcome to come up, I'll show you around.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My goodness - St Helen? That's 500 machines running 50 mph on a couple of whooped out dirt roads and no hills. That's where all the Detroit boys go.

The best riding in the LP is here around Petoskey. I've got a thousand miles of trails mapped around here. I know the back woods so well that you may spend the whole day and see only a few other machines around. You guys are welcome to come up, I'll show you around.
Exaggerate much? :rolleyes:
The Baldwin area was actually voted as the best riding in the northern lower, I've never been there though. 🤷‍♂️

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I rode St Helen one day. Once, just to meet up with my nephew. And I'm not exaggerating. What a bore...

Our area is kind of a hidden gem. Detroit boys are looking at trail maps and see nothing, so they don't come up. Other than the sled trails, our trails are not mapped. And we have the hills. The three biggest ski areas in the LP are around here.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Used to go up through Minnesota every Summer on the way to Canada and stay at a Motel just South of Ely, the Hockey Hall of Fame was next door. I'd take a stroll though every time we stayed there. The Hockey Players didn't have front teeth in their pictures. It was pretty cool place to visit. I really like Minnesota.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Exaggerate much? :rolleyes:
The Baldwin area was actually voted as the best riding in the northern lower, I've never been there though. 🤷‍♂️
Isn't "best" a relative term? I-75 could be "best" depending upon what you're comparing it to.

Beyond that, I would not count on Michigander's to know much about trails.

My wife got on this FB group for SXS folks in Michigan.
Someone posted a picture of a "trail" in the St Helen area.
Someone else replied with, "Yea, they just groomed this trail last week and it is a really great trail!

I looked at the picture: It was a f***ng dirt road about 40 feet wide and as flat as a board.

Someone else then posted, "Be careful around there - we went through one area and I THINK we got some water on our floor."

Best riding in the northern lower, eh? ROTF!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!