futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Stemming from some interest in a group ride in another thread, thought I'd start a new thread.

Need some input:

Weekday or weekend? I can do either, after 7/11.
One day or overnight? I can do either.
Location? Current suggestions are: LaFollette TN, Jellico area, Honeycutt Mtn/Capuchin Creek, tight trails local to my camp near Corbin KY (riding there is frowned upon so best to keep the group small if we ride from there). Other location suggestions?
Volunteers to lead the group? Obviously, I can lead if we ride from my place.

Would love to get it scheduled in July so that we can plan another one in August! :)

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
So far, I'm available any weekend in July but the month hasn't started yet and they'll probably start filling up quickly.
I'm just going to throw out a number July 10th.

Edit: well crap I forgot @futzin after the 11th.

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
Stemming from some interest in a group ride in another thread, thought I'd start a new thread.

Need some input:

Weekday or weekend? I can do either, after 7/11.
One day or overnight? I can do either.
Location? Current suggestions are: LaFollette TN, Jellico area, Honeycutt Mtn/Capuchin Creek, tight trails local to my camp near Corbin KY (riding there is frowned upon so best to keep the group small if we ride from there). Other location suggestions?
Volunteers to lead the group? Obviously, I can lead if we ride from my place.

Would love to get it scheduled in July so that we can plan another one in August! :)
Weekday or weekend? Since @futzin says after 7/11 might I propose the weekend of 7/21,22,23 OR 7/28.29.30 (I'm off work). Weds the 12th would be okay for me on a weekday ride also.

One day or overnight? Prefer a one day ride but if the majority wants to overnight (camp?) I'll need to prepare.

Location? I'll let you folks decide, anywhere will be a new experience. I don't prefer anything too rough on my first outing though.

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
So far, I'm available any weekend in July but the month hasn't started yet and they'll probably start filling up quickly.
I'm just going to throw out a number July 10th.

Edit: well crap I forgot @futzin after the 11th.
I am out until after the 11th also. Back from Florida on the 10th. Only other day that does not work for me is the 22nd.

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
How about we target the weekend of 7/28? Seems to be conflict on the other weekends . . .

@GovtMule, you interested?

@KyGal83 & @PSquare (and whoever else), maybe we can put something together for the 12th as well! #weekdaywheelers

Last edited:
advertisement
PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
How about we target the weekend of 7/28? Seems to be conflict on the other weekends . . .

@KyGal83 & @PSquare (and whoever else), maybe we can put something together for the 12th as well! #weekdaywheelers
The weekend of the 28th (Fri-Sat-Sun) is good for me too. Might have to use Fri morning as travel.

28th then I'll aim for that.
We'll just have to figure now who's our guide and where we're riding.......:D

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I’m interested…y’all get it planned and I’ll see what I can get worked out. It’s easier that way!

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The weekend of the 28th (Fri-Sat-Sun) is good for me too. Might have to use Fri morning as travel.

We'll just have to figure now who's our guide and where we're riding.......:D
Don’t worry about it being your first ride. You’ll be fine and in good hands.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Volunteer leaders speak up!

I can lead if we ride here (south of Corbin). I have a camp property if anyone cares to rough it. There is one extra RV hookup. I can accommodate prolly 6 or 7 buggies; we'd prolly split into two groups until woods. @KyGal83, looking at you here! :)

Some trails are tight. Anything over 62" will have the occasional tough time. I do have an extra P5 (@GovtMule) should anyone want to further rough it!

Perfectly willing to load them up and travel south of course!

Let's Ride!

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
Perfectly willing to load them up and travel south of course!
Maybe Lafollette like @GovtMule mentioned.

I know my way around the Lafollette area better than anyplace else. (Like down my way) There’s some good meandering trails off of Lick Fork in the Elk Valley area too. Good 500 riding. Might be worth checking out sometime.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!