Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Don't be nervous about the mom ride, it's just a bunch of good folks that get together to ride. If you think a trail is too much for you, let people know and we'll turn around and find a different one. If you get yourself in a bad spot, I guarantee some one will be right there to help. Don't worry if you think you're holding up the ride, we'll happily wait, because it could be any one us for any number of reasons.
As far as the July ride, for us I'm never 100% sure we will make any ride until we're actually on the trail, so I hope it doesn't get postponed. Hopefully we can maybe ride again in August as well. Figuring out where to ride is just a part of it.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rode Windrock a few years ago with a group. Our guide(s) knew the place well so we didn't have to worry about getting lost. We purchased a day pass if I remember correctly. It was a new experience but the wife & I had a blast. We would have gone back for more but we were the only ATV in a huge group of side by sides. They were very gracious to us but knew we held them back (especially on the rock crawls). BTW, we had a Canned Ham 850 Max then. Would burn the crap out of my right leg. Wifey loved the rear seat.

I'm the new guy here so I'm at the mercy of you folks. Just wanted to make new friends and ride my new buggy. I know the TO was just a month or so ago, maybe we should just postpone till later in August or around Labor day? Corbin, Ky is not that much farther for me so if your camp property is a fun ride I'd be willing to come up there July 28th if we can't get a mid-point.

I'll just throw this out there. I'm off work the following dates in Aug/Sept....
Aug 4-10 (Fri to Wed)
Aug 18-20 (Fri-Sun)
Sep 2-12 (Fri-Tue incl Labor day weekend plus weekend of 9/9)

FYI.....MOM is Sept 29-1 (Fri-Sun). I haven't planned to come only because it's such a big event. I'm a little nervous.

Let's hear what you think and I'll plan accordingly.....Pat
Come to MOM...You'll be fine.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't be nervous about the mom ride, it's just a bunch of good folks that get together to ride. If you think a trail is too much for you, let people know and we'll turn around and find a different one. If you get yourself in a bad spot, I guarantee some one will be right there to help. Don't worry if you think you're holding up the ride, we'll happily wait, because it could be any one us for any number of reasons.
As far as the July ride, for us I'm never 100% sure we will make any ride until we're actually on the trail, so I hope it doesn't get postponed. Hopefully we can maybe ride again in August as well. Figuring out where to ride is just a part of it.
Well stated!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Your funny, nothing but white and blue collar red necks here, let your hair down if you have any, show up and have a blast!
I doubt he'll have the longest ponytail in or around Caryville, but he'll be welcome just the same! 😁

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Looking for reasonable midpoints...

Sorry, I meant this in terms of distance, not time. A place we can all reach reasonably for a day trip...less than 2 hrs driving, maybe? Thought maybe Windrock might fit the bill...

@PSquare, if we can get in a couple of rides before MOM, you'll be ready to make the most of it. Regardless, you'll have a great time. Excellent group...

advertisement
PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry, I meant this in terms of distance, not time. A place we can all reach reasonably for a day trip...less than 2 hrs driving, maybe? Thought maybe Windrock might fit the bill...

@PSquare, if we can get in a couple of rides before MOM, you'll be ready to make the most of it. Regardless, you'll have a great time. Excellent group...
Understood. Windrock/RBB/Lafollette fits the bill but whatever the group wants I'll try and accommodate. I'd really like to get a couple rides in before MOM.

Speaking of MOM. I have yet to make any arrangements since I hadn't planned to go. I looked at the Comfort Inn Royal blue. Looks like they still have rooms available. Is anyone else bunking there and riding out to a meet point or camping/RV'ing? I guess I need some guidance since I've never been. I prolly come out Thurday, leave Sunday morning. Any hard plans yet? Thanks in advance for the help.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
We (and several others ) will be camping at Eagle Rock campground. I don't think I've heard of anyone specifically staying at the CI but I'm sure a least a few will be. We are doing Thursday through Sunday.

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Understood. Windrock/RBB/Lafollette fits the bill but whatever the group wants I'll try and accommodate. I'd really like to get a couple rides in before MOM.

Speaking of MOM. I have yet to make any arrangements since I hadn't planned to go. I looked at the Comfort Inn Royal blue. Looks like they still have rooms available. Is anyone else bunking there and riding out to a meet point or camping/RV'ing? I guess I need some guidance since I've never been. I prolly come out Thurday, leave Sunday morning. Any hard plans yet? Thanks in advance for the help.
You will be good at comfort inn. It’s just a quick buggy ride from Eagle Rock. You can almost see it. You will have a good time at MOM and you will be looked out for by every one there.

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We (and several others ) will be camping at Eagle Rock campground. I don't think I've heard of anyone specifically staying at the CI but I'm sure a least a few will be. We are doing Thursday through Sunday.

Me and wife are at CI Wednesday to Sunday
I think I’m there Thursday and Friday nights for sure. May add Saturday

PSquare

PSquare

Supporting Member
May 9, 2023
Whitwell, TN
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, I'm set up for MOM. RSVP and reservations at the CI for Thurs night till Sunday morning. Looking forward to hanging with you folks.

Now we can refocus on the July 28th ride wherever that'll be.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!