P500 Just got a 2020 Pioneer 500

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Welcome to all the new guys these are great little dependable machines.
From Upstate N.Y.

20200828 124256

czrider

czrider

Aug 23, 2020
Maryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from E.Tennessee. I just got my first 100 miles on it last week. I ordered all my oils from Amazon and being delivered this week. I'm hoping the oil change cuts down on the loud shifting. .

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm a brand new owner of a P500 also and I put on Bear Claw HTRs 26" on factory rims fit well look great and ride and handle well. Way better clearance. I've had great luck with HTR's on other ATV's and wanted to keep as narrow as possible. Didn't want to go with offset rims if I could help it.
Camo. What size exactly on all 4 corners with the 26” HTR tires? Also, what is your overall width outside to outside of tires? I am also a fan of Bearclaws on my regular ATV, so just curious about for on P5.

Thanks!

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
5O" I believe. Never put a tape to it. At least it easily fits through the 50" posts on trails here. Its basically the same width as my Polaris Sportsman 570 was with the same tires. I'm on factory rims.

F

Fender

Aug 26, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
5O" I believe. Never put a tape to it. At least it easily fits through the 50" posts on trails here. Its basically the same width as my Polaris Sportsman 570 was with the same tires. I'm on factory rims.
Ok. Sounds like it remains stock width which is what I’m hoping for.
Thanks

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Welcome to the club from WV!

C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
Any change to stock width would be marginal. Performs great with the 26 HTR bearclaws. Had it out on our private trails that are 4 wheeler trails. Not wide enough and too many tight corners around trees rocks stumps etc for a regular side by side. It fits anywhere our wheelers go. That was my main goal.

Idahocrawler

Idahocrawler

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks again for the welcomes and info. Noise seems to be getting better especially after installing the trigger shield. It makes a lot of difference in heat, noise, and dust. Looking at all the mods now. Trigger shield was first. Which I got top and windshield from dealer. I’d like to get someone for storage and to protect radiator. Also looking at tires. Torque locker sounds helpful too.

what is a trigger shield ?

BURNDOG

BURNDOG

Sep 4, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 500
We just bought a p5 yesterday after having ATVs all my life. I read a lot on this forum and seems to be a great machine from all the reviews. It will be used for some riding and he hunting. I’ve kind of learned how to shift smoother in manual, just seems noisy in the transmission. From the post I’ve read seems this is normal. We appreciate all the good info on this site.
View attachment 206496
I bought ours without ever actually sitting in or driving one. Everything I knew was off this forum and YouTube. I was honestly expecting a lesser machine for the price.
Im really liking the buggy. I hope you have great times and hello from Oregon 👍👍

Reactions: Mudwing and Mudder
gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Colorado to the little guy can club. Great advice from good people that have good ideas. We all think you made a great choice

M

MidTN

Apr 12, 2020
Middle Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome! Another recommendation for the Kenda Bearlclaws in 26". I run the Bearclaw EVO's which is a lighter weight tire than the HTR's but plenty durable on the rocky rough stuff. I wanted to save on weight anywhere I reasonably could since I have also added a winch and box on the back. So far no noticeable power loss at all. Very capable machine even on very steep rocky up hill climbs. As far as rims I'm running 5+2 offset with 26x9's up front and 26x11's on the back. I run the tires at a slightly lower psi than is recommended.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!