BOX1

P1000 Just installed SuperAtv 6" Lift Kit and Rhino Axles keep breaking issues, HELP?

HawaiisFinest

HawaiisFinest

Jan 15, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Aloha from Hawaii
We would love some help and advice here.
We have a 2017 1000-5 and within the last month we purchased the SATV 6" suspension lift which came with the Rhino Axles 1.0.
We installed everything on March 31 and about a week later, we rode it on a maiden voyage on a flat, dirt road for approximately 3 miles (driving under 35 mph and no extreme manuevering) when all of a sudden, I heard the rear binding grind. I got out and noticed that the rear, DRIVER side axle cv boot ripped and the ball bearings were exposed. Contacted SATV and a replacement axle was sent out.
We just had the new axle installed over this past weekend and this afternoon, literally took it out 20 feet from my pop up garage out to my driveway and I heard a loud pop and grinding noise again and went out to look and noticed this time, my rear PASSENGER cv boot was twisted. It has not ripped yet but is definitely dead.
I am wondering if anyone else who has installed the 6" SATV without portals has had these issues? I believe that either the axles are too short or the angle is too much for this lift?
We are also running 32" tires without portals if this helps. I have spoken to SATV and they told me that they have a 1000-5 that is running 36" tires and that they have zero axle problems.
They did not state whether they are running portals or not and I am starting to think that these axles are not sufficient for this lift without portals?
Does anyone have any thoughts?
We called our Honda dealership today and asked about their thoughts and they said it sounds like it might be too short of an axle shaft or something is binding with the bearings.
We are crazy frustrated and feeling so unhappy that we have poured out so much money and time for a lift that is absolutely defective.
I am attempting to attach pictures so you might see what I am referring too.

3 mile dirt road Heres the 20 feet I rode Rear Driver Side Axle Rear Driver side ball bearings exposed Rear Passenger Axle twisted cv boot Rear Passenger cv boot Rhino Axle 10 SuperAtv 6 lift Twisted cv boot

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
32s you need a gear reduction.

After putting the lift on did you let it settle before you tighten the bolts. jump up and down on it. push the tires a part. If not you left it in the bind it was in on the lift. have seen that cause problems a few times.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Aloha from Hawaii
We would love some help and advice here.
We have a 2017 1000-5 and within the last month we purchased the SATV 6" suspension lift which came with the Rhino Axles 1.0.
We installed everything on March 31 and about a week later, we rode it on a maiden voyage on a flat, dirt road for approximately 3 miles (driving under 35 mph and no extreme manuevering) when all of a sudden, I heard the rear binding grind. I got out and noticed that the rear, DRIVER side axle cv boot ripped and the ball bearings were exposed. Contacted SATV and a replacement axle was sent out.
We just had the new axle installed over this past weekend and this afternoon, literally took it out 20 feet from my pop up garage out to my driveway and I heard a loud pop and grinding noise again and went out to look and noticed this time, my rear PASSENGER cv boot was twisted. It has not ripped yet but is definitely dead.
I am wondering if anyone else who has installed the 6" SATV without portals has had these issues? I believe that either the axles are too short or the angle is too much for this lift?
We are also running 32" tires without portals if this helps. I have spoken to SATV and they told me that they have a 1000-5 that is running 36" tires and that they have zero axle problems.
They did not state whether they are running portals or not and I am starting to think that these axles are not sufficient for this lift without portals?
Does anyone have any thoughts?
We called our Honda dealership today and asked about their thoughts and they said it sounds like it might be too short of an axle shaft or something is binding with the bearings.
We are crazy frustrated and feeling so unhappy that we have poured out so much money and time for a lift that is absolutely defective.
I am attempting to attach pictures so you might see what I am referring too.

View attachment 124054 View attachment 124055 View attachment 124056 View attachment 124057 View attachment 124058 View attachment 124059 View attachment 124060 View attachment 124061 View attachment 124062
I'm guessing you have the rear axles in the wrong spot. They are different lengths, the front is the same.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm guessing you have the rear axles in the wrong spot. They are different lengths, the front is the same.
From this pic right here
Upload 2019 4 19 9 38 47

It looks like this is the rear left with appears to be in correct placement - At first I thought they rears might be swapped.

Reactions: JTW and Plumber32
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
When the original axles were pulled did you match them up or go ham and yank everything apart then try and assemble it. The rear axles as stated are different lengths depending on side.

Reactions: Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The instructions you download don't specify axel or placement....

Reactions: Ragnar406
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I did get this from them about a year and a half ago.

Stock
3-64-F-0-DT
615 MM EXTENDED
564 MM COMPRESSED
34 TO 36 DEGREES IS THE MAX ANGLE

6" lift
3-64-F-LK6-DT
721 MM EXTENDED
670 MM COMPRESSED
34 TO 36 DEGREES MAX ANGLE

HawaiisFinest

HawaiisFinest

Jan 15, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appreciate all of your concern that the axles are in the wrong places but they are indeed installed correctly.
We hired a mechanic who specializes in lifts to do the install and he is just as dumbfounded as we are.
We contacted SATV this morning and they will be back in touch with us on Monday to try to figure this out. I am really thinking this angle is too extreme if portals are not installed.

Reactions: JTW
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I am really thinking this angle is too extreme if portals are not installed.

Portals should not change the angle of the axle, it will just give you that gear reduction for the tires you are running.

Reactions: Firemedic530
aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 124884 I had the same problem. I tried running my stock axles though... Hormels Xtreme Atv built my bike and really haven’t had a problem though. Definitely need some portals though. They will sling a thirty six” intimidator...

I need some details on this setup. Great looking rig

Reactions: JoeMac
J

JoeMac

Jun 29, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I need some details on this setup. Great looking rig

2016 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe
C-Fab kit with A arms
6” portals
36” intimidators
I think it has 9” of lift for a total of 32” from ground to bottom of bike.
Probably a few other things I can’t remember.

Reactions: Ohio4x4
HawaiisFinest

HawaiisFinest

Jan 15, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update for everyone...we spoke to SATV today and in reference to their email to us, their fitment and quality department are both working on this problem. They have requested a machine from their local dealership so that they can try to recreate what is happening to us and get it fixed asap.
We responded by asking them to try and use the pioneer in "turf" mode to mirror what we drive our machine in. Just waiting on an answer.

HawaiisFinest

HawaiisFinest

Jan 15, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update for everyone...we spoke to SATV today and in reference to their email to us, their fitment and quality department are both working on this problem. They have requested a machine from their local dealership so that they can try to recreate what is happening to us and get it fixed asap.
We responded by asking them to try and use the pioneer in "turf" mode to mirror what we drive our machine in. Just waiting on an answer.

HawaiisFinest

HawaiisFinest

Jan 15, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lets hope SATV will stand by their word and gives us all a true and honest answer...especially since they represented this lift as not needing portals.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!