P1000 Just installed SuperAtv 6" Lift Kit and Rhino Axles keep breaking issues, HELP?

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
seems like a defect in the materials but with those bigger tires and running in turf mode is prolly to much for the axle to handle. on the next one leave it in 2wd lock so it spreads the load out to both axles if they break again its deff an axle issue

Reactions: JTW
M

Michael123015

Nov 1, 2018
Shreveport La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe
C-Fab kit with A arms
6” portals
36” intimidators
I think it has 9” of lift for a total of 32” from ground to bottom of bike.
Probably a few other things I can’t remember.
30% reduction on the portals. Rpms seem to be about right with 36” tires?

Reactions: BWAF
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
1.they get it figured out yet? id wouldnt run it in turf mode. not with oversized tires. if 1 breaks loose then grabs its an inertia break. which is solved by just riding in 2 lock.

2. portals will not change anything on this bike except for rpm and speed and height. if its breaking axles before portals on a road . it will shuck them with portals as well. portals do not change driveline angles they merely just lift the bike with a gear reduction

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was talking to some folks at the takeover that said the rhino 1.0 axles are junk and the 2.0 are exponentially better.....I dont know how much truth is there but I've seen a lot of broken 1.0 axles...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
His balls are hanging out of the sack lol big problem.

Rear Driver side ball bearings exposed

Last edited:
HawaiisFinest

HawaiisFinest

Jan 15, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a much anticipated update which really isn't much of an update. :(

Working with SATV has been exceedingly frustrating. At first they stated they were going to have their R&D team create Rhino 2.0 axles (which non are currently made nor slated for pioneer 1000-5) to hopefully offer a fix. This was around April 25. Here is their response

"Our engineering dept does not believe that is an issue with you running in Turf mode. We are currently working on getting Rhino 2.0 axles available for this lift kit. I will be in and out of the office for the next few days with limited access to email, I will still be in contact with my team and as soon as I hear something I will let you know asap!"
A week or so went by and we heard nothing from SATV.

In the meantime I found several other SATV 6" Pioneer 1000-5's that did not have portals on instagram and Facebook. I reached out to those riders and asked if any had issues. The common thread we conquered that could be the issue with our our setup is:
  1. The stock rims we are using (all others were running much larger rims)
  2. Turf Mode (no one uses it, apparently my lawn obsessed husband is the only one who does)

We contacted SATV and they changed their mind on the 2.0's and they decided to switch gears and they were in the process of acquiring a new 1000-5 and installing a 6" lift to replicate our setup. It was a lot of miscommunication and no one being available to give us an answer.

My husband finally lost his patience and demanded answers. He was told our issue is on the back burner as SATV is in the midst of their busy season and everyone else wants to be out enjoying the outdoors.

Here are the final 2 emails we have received from them:

5/1/2019 "I am being told the stock rims would not be an issue, portals may be helping them where now the axle is not actually turning the wheel it is only spinning to turn the drive gears in the portal boxes themselves. We have a pio 1k 5 here in shop and I am just waiting to see if they can recreate the same problem you are having here so that we will have a fix."

5/15/2019: "I do apologize for the miscommunication. At this point the try on last week w proposed fix did not accomplish end result we had hoped for. As you know we have many of these lifts on the market that have not had same issues you are seeing. Since we cannot come up with a timely solution for your particular situation we are willing to offer you a full refund for your original purchase price of the lift kit. If you choose this option it will void any future warranty on any/all lift kit parts associated w the Pio 1k-5 from SuperATV. The only thing I need is a copy of your invoice w purchase price and pictures of lift kit components destroyed and we can send you a check for the purchase price. "
So now we are beyond disappointed and frustrated.We have just spent nearly $2000 in shipping and installation costs only to have this be their solution. We asked if they could just send out another right side axle and we will attempt to see if not driving it in turf mode will be a fix.

Will keep everyone updated.

Last edited:
advertisement
HawaiisFinest

HawaiisFinest

Jan 15, 2019
Hawaii
Ownership

1. 1000-5
seems like a defect in the materials but with those bigger tires and running in turf mode is prolly to much for the axle to handle. on the next one leave it in 2wd lock so it spreads the load out to both axles if they break again its deff an axle issue
On the phone right now with a dealer in Hawaii for SATV and he is stating the boots on rhino 1.0 axles have had a lot of defective issues and he is having the devils time trying to work with both the consumer and manufacturers.

2018mudslinger

2018mudslinger

Apr 28, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I recently purchased a new 1000-5 with SuperAtv 6” lift and 4” portals. My axles to appear to be to short. I lost a front passenger side and it looks like it just pulled the ring out that holds cv together. I am getting with my local dealership which is who built the machine. I’ll keep u guys updated.

A6CA2D5A 428A 4EEC 9149 B74C6D0CB7F2

Reactions: TripleB
Y

YeTi

Dec 9, 2019
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,
New member here..
Having similar issues with my Pioneer 1000 running Super ATV 6 in lift and 6 in Portals..
Brand new machine with new parts. Passenger side axle popped out off loading machine from trailer. No .miles on setup. Took it back to dealer, they took it apart put axle back in. It popped out again on test ride. They brought it back in took it apart a second time, installed a new Rhino 2.0 axle. I brought it home and the new axle popped out in less than a mile.
Any suggestions on What it can be.??

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
just a question does the upper arms have the same adjustments as the lower arms in this pic?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Y

YeTi

Dec 9, 2019
FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The upper arms have the adjustable ends.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
The upper arms have the adjustable ends.
if upper and lower have adjustments you can pull the arms in a little. and should be good

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
from all the pics and videos iv seen it looks like your arms are way out from all the videos for the reviews of the satv 6 inch lift.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!