P500 Just placed my order for a 2017

J

JTW

I'm kind of worried that I might like the auto. mode on the '17. I'm down to about 3 payments left on my '15 and I was looking forward to being payment free :eek:
I'm not a payment guy.. So I wouldn't suggest it as being worth while if you like the 15. However, if it's that awesome I'll let you know to start saving!

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

Payments were the only way for me to get mine, no way I could ever have come up with $8,700 outright. Had to do some saving to make the $500 down stroke. I need to find a change of employment in a major way.
If you can make a payment to buy it you can save it per month and end up spending less money. I'm not busting your balls.. Just saying.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you can make a payment to buy it you can save it per month and end up spending less money. I'm not busting your balls.. Just saying.
Our nation would be in better shape if more people would live by that mentality. Perhaps only my opinion.

Reactions: JTW
rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This machine is the only thing I've borrowed on for many years. I wanted it bad enough, I figured it was worth paying $300-$400 in interest so I didn't have to wait a couple years to get one. Otherwise I don't buy unless I have the funds to cover it.
It's amazing how much financial trouble most people are willing to get into, like living off a credit card and lucky to do much more than pay the interest on the balance.
I don't want to start a war, but my opinion, if you have to take a loan on a "toy"...maybe it's not something that you should have.

Reactions: JTW and trigger
J

JTW

Our nation would be in better shape if more people would live by that mentality. Perhaps only my opinion.
I don't want to start a war, but my opinion, if you have to take a loan on a "toy"...maybe it's not something that you should have.

I agree.. I just turned 31. My house is damn near paid off and I have one hell of a nice place. I'm extremly thankful to have had parents that "got it" and taught me how to be finacially sound. I don't think poorly of those that are more open to debt.. But it's not for me! There are a few things I understand having to finance (hell I own a real estate company) but people are too eager to have it now versus saving and waiting until you can buy it. You're right.. If more folks had the old school mentality of saving vs credit we as a nation wouldn't be 19 trillion in debt. The idea of debt has become ok and we're seeing what a country that thinks it's acceptable becomes!

J

JTW

I have a hard time putting money aside, it always gets spent on something else. Planned from the start to have it paid off in 2 years max on a 36 month loan. Interest wasn't too bad, $481 for 36 months. So I was hoping to shave off about $120 paying it off a full year early.
I get it.. But that's the whole concept behind financing. We live in a world run by those that can control us with debt. From a business standpoint it's brilliant!

J

JTW

These days, not many people have $9K sitting in a savings account with nothing to spend it on. I wish I had that problem, but it's not looking like I ever will. Heck, I'd really think it was something if I had $1K saved.
How old are you? You can get there.. It's just a matter of doing it. I get that it's not easy these days, the cost of living is high.. but.. My daddy always said.. "It's not about how much you make, it's about how much you spend!"
I'm guilty of it too.. But we get so use to our amenities that we forget they're not necessities and every bit counts. I can tell ya, When you get it going your way it's far easier. It's making yourself start that's hard! You gotta save man!!

advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Did you get the 2017 yet??????????????? We need to know how awesome the new automatic mode is.....and please verify the new 55 mph top speed!!!!! ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did you get the 2017 yet??????????????? We need to know how awesome the new automatic mode is.....and please verify the new 55 mph top speed!!!!! ;)
55????? Where'd you hear that rumor.

J

JTW

Not yet.. I have to be in town tomorrow and I'm stopping by the dealer. Tried calling today but after being on hold for 10 minutes I said screw it.. They'll hear from me tomorrow!! :mad:

J

Jf500

Aug 16, 2016
New york
Ownership

1. 500
Ok guys sorry for the delay. I just got home with my 2017!! It's awesome!! Pics and stuff to follow....

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

Jf500

Aug 16, 2016
New york
Ownership

1. 500
So what took so long is the dealer couldn't get a straight answer from Honda and supposedly the hurricane delayed shipment. It came in late yesterday and I picked it up today. Here it is JUST BARELY fitting in my truck.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Jf500 and JTW
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!