P500 Just placed my order for a 2017

J

Jf500

Aug 16, 2016
New york
Ownership

1. 500
Def a tight fit!! But my truck has the smallest bed that dodge makes on their 1500. So it can be done safely. If you notice in the picture I have tailgate supports for this setup. I would def recommend them! I'll be doing a full write up in the next few days. This is bone stock with no options. I'm already poking around for a few things. My first add on is going to be a windshield. I'm just wondering how different the 2016 and 2017 are because no one has anything out for the 17 except for Honda. I'd like to explore cheaper options.

J

JTW

Ok guys sorry for the delay. I just got home with my 2017!! It's awesome!! Pics and stuff to follow....
Yaaaaay!! We should start a club with matching shirts and have a secret hand shake and code word!!

Reactions: Jf500
J

JTW

Def a tight fit!! But my truck has the smallest bed that dodge makes on their 1500. So it can be done safely. If you notice in the picture I have tailgate supports for this setup. I would def recommend them! I'll be doing a full write up in the next few days. This is bone stock with no options. I'm already poking around for a few things. My first add on is going to be a windshield. I'm just wondering how different the 2016 and 2017 are because no one has anything out for the 17 except for Honda. I'd like to explore cheaper options.
They're the exact same for options.. I just installed the superatv flip out windshield.. I like it!!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
J

JTW

A few.. I have a bunch of stuff still sitting in the garage

IMG 0696 IMG 0695 IMG 0699 IMG 0551

advertisement
J

JTW

I researched the s*** out of what options I wanted to add.. so if you have any questions just ask!

J

Jf500

Aug 16, 2016
New york
Ownership

1. 500
I researched the s*** out of what options I wanted to add.. so if you have any questions just ask!
Ok haha where to start you are so far ahead of me! New tires I see? Did you ride on stocks? Why did you replace? What windshield did you go with and how is the fit? Did you add a winch? Love the camo too!! You using it as a hunting rig?

J

JTW

Ok haha where to start you are so far ahead of me! New tires I see? Did you ride on stocks? Why did you replace? What windshield did you go with and how is the fit? Did you add a winch? Love the camo too!! You using it as a hunting rig?
My wheels hadn't come in in time for our ride last weekend. I have black aluminum wheels with a 5x2 offset with 26x9x12 bighorn originals. In the pictures the stock wheels are still on it. I went with the aftermarket wheels and tires because I wanted to be able to rotate, the dealer offered $200 trade in on the stock tires.. I gained 2 inches of clearance and the ride is waaaaay better! The stock tires don't last long on blacktop and I do a lot of that between farms.. so it just made sense to make a little off them and upgrade. You wouldn't have to do wheels if you're ok with the stock width and don't care about rotating or on size spare to fit all 4!

J

JTW

I have a Super winch Terra 35 sitting in a box ready to be put on.. I just need time now. Yes, it's a hunting rig, farm machine and family cruiser. It's not perfect for what I want.. but it's as close as anything out there. Faster, more power, little better suspension and a front locker would make it the greatest machine out there! It's close in my mind but there's room for improvement. The suspension is better.. the auto is nice... I hate the drivers seatbelt. But honestly I'm tickled! I was supposed to get the green too.. it didn't come in time so the dealer offered me the camo half off. I took it!

Reactions: Dp5hunter
locoboilerguy

locoboilerguy

Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2016
Western Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Hey guys!! Just placed my order for a green 2017 500. I should be picking it up in 2 to 3 weeks. Does anyone have one in their hands yet? Just looking to introduce myself and see if I can find some video reviews.
Welcome to the hood. All the best with the new machine.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!