Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Good write up Mr. Piston, It seems like the intake tube seems to be the Achilles heels of the K&N. So next question, at that many miles, would you buy the K&N again and does that outerwear cover on your filter do any good?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Im happy with my KN, I relocated intake , have not done any maintenance on the filter yet, will open the box when Dobeck comes in.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Good write up Mr. Piston, It seems like the intake tube seems to be the Achilles heels of the K&N. So next question, at that many miles, would you buy the K&N again and does that outerwear cover on your filter do any good?

Yes, I would buy it again. I haven't seen any evidence of debris getting into the intake it just seems more possible with this design. The outwear cover does quite a bit of good. I should have taken a photo of it because it was also a mess. If you decided to go the K&N route, get the pre-filter @solrus is using. He made the better choice. I should order one of those myself.

W

WillB

May 29, 2017
Churchill,Ontario
Just found this on Youtube. These guys are testing the K&N on their P500 too. I'm going to keep an eye on their videos and see what they do to their Pioneer.
Doug has ran a k&n on everything thaat he has tested with no negative affects. Is the honda filter oiled too?

D

Deleted member 3748

Im happy with my KN, I relocated intake , have not done any maintenance on the filter yet, will open the box when Dobeck comes in.
@solrus - have you opened up that airbox yet? If yes, how is your filter holding up?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!