P1000 Kill switch and glove box lock?

D

DDDonkey

Hello all, I have been looking, and have not found a glove box lock. I am looking for something that is OEM "looking" without needing to cut up the glove box too much. Its not that I don't trust people but I don't. I ran by buggy up to the store the other day, was not in there for more than 6 minutes and when I came out there was a 3 or 4 people touching it and talking. I don't leave anything of value in it, but I do keep my reg and proof of insurance in there with my personal information on it.

That also got me thinking, has anyone put a kill switch in there buggy? I am thinking either a battery disconnect or a fuel pump switch. I will be using this Honda all over the state of AZ as it is street legal to haul my Family around. Maybe I am just over protective of my stuff but I saved for 5 years to get a buggy.

Thanks for any and all help, and happy ridding!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t looked very hard for a lock but you could put a circuit breaker on the battery.

I tore my switch panel apart checking connections once because I’d bumped the trip button on mine and I KNEW it was there.

jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
We just purchased a 700 and the kill switch idea has been on my mind as well. We live in a semi private community with 16 lakes on 5200 acres and ours may be parked while we're kayaking etc.

The glove box may take more than a lock to solve its issues imo. The lids seem like something that wouldn't take much convincing to separate from the dash. A lockbox fabbed from metal to fit into the the area and secured to some frame section would be ideal

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The glove box kill switch was used a lot on cars in the 70's.
Had a 75 Porsche that my wife stalled in downtown San Diego when her girlfriend opened the glove box during rush hour traffic and then even the police officers couldn't get the car started.

She was not impressed when I got there, closed the glove box and drove away!

Reactions: GSPKurt and lee
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello all, I have been looking, and have not found a glove box lock. I am looking for something that is OEM "looking" without needing to cut up the glove box too much. Its not that I don't trust people but I don't. I ran by buggy up to the store the other day, was not in there for more than 6 minutes and when I came out there was a 3 or 4 people touching it and talking. I don't leave anything of value in it, but I do keep my reg and proof of insurance in there with my personal information on it.

That also got me thinking, has anyone put a kill switch in there buggy? I am thinking either a battery disconnect or a fuel pump switch. I will be using this Honda all over the state of AZ as it is street legal to haul my Family around. Maybe I am just over protective of my stuff but I saved for 5 years to get a buggy.

Im pretty sure @CumminsPusher put a lock on his glove box..maybe he'll chime in Here.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I put a kill switch on. Interrupted the ignition wire. Used a push button switch that's hidden in plain sight. I ride 90% private property but do use it on public for some hunting.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Here's what I did for glove box lock. Didn't want a key to get lost and it enables all of my group access.
Requires a little work though but didn't look hideous
IMG 0751

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last edited:
Reactions: GSPKurt and Landman
K

KonaLance

Apr 17, 2017
Kailua Kona, HI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I leave mine along the trail sometimes and have to hike the last 1/4 mile in, so I installed a battery cut off switch.
If you look, you will see it on the right side.

Reactions: Landman and jinx

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!