BOX1

Kisatchie wesbite says they may be widening the Enduro trail for larger UTVs!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Enduro Multiple-Use Trail System is CLOSED due to Hurricane damage. There is no estimate on when the trail will be reopened. It was destroyed and will need to be reconstructed. The District is looking into the possibility to take this unexpected opportunity nature has provided to widen the trail to accommodate larger side-by-side vehicles.

Wow! This may happen in about 10 years at the speed they currently work! But at least someone over there had a brain fart! Hopefully that will extend to all the trails.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Enduro Multiple-Use Trail System is CLOSED due to Hurricane damage. There is no estimate on when the trail will be reopened. It was destroyed and will need to be reconstructed. The District is looking into the possibility to take this unexpected opportunity nature has provided to widen the trail to accommodate larger side-by-side vehicles.

Wow! This may happen in about 10 years at the speed they currently work! But at least someone over there had a brain fart! Hopefully that will extend to all the trails.
Ha... I'll believe it when I see it. I guess it's a start though. We'll all be riding hovercrafts by the time they widen it.

• Haha
Reactions: CID and Blownzuki
lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X

I had a slide come down over one of our roads on the ranch this last winter. Took me 45 minutes to open it up good enough for the Talon with Sutter 480 trail dozer.

Reactions: Smitty335
highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
But you were motivated to reopen the road!! I don't think anyone associated with Kisatchie is motivated to reopen the trails AND widen them. I wish they would had new trails too. Flag the route and we'll make the trail!!

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
IMG 20220628 113741759

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@highpocket74 have you been out to any of the Kisatchie trails this year?

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Went to sandstone in May. They had burned underbrush so it was nice. Other than that nothing new on trails that I noticed.

Planning on going back Sept 10.

The Lotus Camp where we normally park is no longer a day use parking area. They added nice tent boxes for camping. We still park there and pay the fee because there is no shade or picnic tables at the 395 day use parking.

Only Sandstone and Claiborne open at this time. Claiborne is strictly 50" only. Any wider and you can't get out of the fenced parking area.

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Went to sandstone in May. They had burned underbrush so it was nice. Other than that nothing new on trails that I noticed.

Planning on going back Sept 10.

The Lotus Camp where we normally park is no longer a day use parking area. They added nice tent boxes for camping. We still park there and pay the fee because there is no shade or picnic tables at the 395 day use parking.

Only Sandstone and Claiborne open at this time. Claiborne is strictly 50" only. Any wider and you can't get out of the fenced parking area.
Was thinking of hitting Sandstone with the talon on the stock wheels/tires. Still be real tight on the bridges....

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It will fit, but yes tight. The only time we've ever had problems with Rangers is on holiday weekends. Watch out for them if you go this weekend.

We tried to go this weekend but a few shift workers can't go till next weekend.

Reactions: Adam490
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Think the kiddo and I are going to go ride sandstone and camp out Saturday night. Camping is still up in the air, but definitely going to go do at least one loop Saturday on the Pioneer.

Reactions: Smitty335
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!