Kolpin 98315 UTV Side Mirror - Pair

scottwil01

scottwil01

Nov 28, 2014
I purchased the Kolpin 98315 on Amazon for $40.89. The mirrors are really nice but the mounts are a little larger than the Honda Roll Bar so they will require some modification.

You will need a piece of black rubber hose and cut it to the size and length of the gasket that came with the mirrors. Do not use the gasket that came with the mirrors. I got the rubber hose from home depot for $5.00. So for $45.89 fthese are half the cost of the factory Honda mirrors. They work great and look real nice on the trail if you hit something fold in. Be sure to tighten all the nuts under the mirror as well once everything is adjusted. No vibration whatsoever.

IMG 3238IMG 3239IMG 3240

IMG 3250

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks for the Picture walk-through.

I have found that a a old inner tube works great for use as a spacer.
Cut it in a strip and wrap it.

Reactions: allgm1
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
X2 on the inner tube, i have these also great mirrors, I'm going to get a rear view for inside center next because even with these you cant see directly behind.

Rex Herring

Rex Herring

Apr 24, 2015
Dickinson, ND
Just installed mine today. I took the existing rubber gasket that came with it and added 3 layers of duct tape to it, worked fine then. Duct tape fixes almost anything.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used 3 strips of rubber electrical tape added to the inside of the included gasket it grips the ROPS and it doesn't turn.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used 3 strips of rubber electrical tape added to the inside of the included gasket it grips the ROPS and it doesn't turn.
Just received my set in the mail. Apparently they've remedied the problem. The kit now includes two clamp sizes and two rubber gasket choices. I used the smaller of the two ring clamps and combined both rubber gaskets for a perfect, very tight installation.

Reactions: Stoney
D

Deleted member 3748

I went with the rear view mirror because I really like riding on the 50" wide orv trails. Side mirrors wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Reactions: rocmar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Actually, I just installed them and the brackets are inside the fender flares as the mirrors are easily swung in for tight trails. They're not a problem.

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

Actually, I just installed them and the brackets are inside the fender flares as the mirrors are easily swung in for tight trails. They're not a problem.

I broke one of my windshield brackets on a tree. I think some of our trees are only 49" apart.

Reactions: Rustell
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I broke one of my windshield brackets on a tree. I think some of our trees are only 49" apart.
That's unusual. The windshield brackets being far inside the fender flares. I do know what you mean about tight trails, close trees, I navigate them all the time with the roof dragging a tree on each side. I typically only do that when trees are say 3-4" diameter with some give to them. I'm using the rear view too, between the three, I can see everything.

Reactions: Rex Herring
D

Deleted member 3748

That's unusual. The windshield brackets being far inside the fender flares. I do know what you mean about tight trails, close trees, I navigate them all the time with the roof dragging a tree on each side. I typically only do that when trees are say 3-4" diameter with some give to them. I'm using the rear view too, between the three, I can see everything.
Steep berms and the top of the bars hit trees. I don't know how you can avoid it unless your orv trails aren't that tight. We knocked a tree over once. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Steep berms and the top of the bars hit trees. I don't know how you can avoid it unless your orv trails aren't that tight. We knocked a tree over once. :D
Oh they're tight, like I said, I slip between trees all the time. Sometimes dragging them. And I won't install anything on the roof, I need the branches to be able to drag along without tearing off a light bar or other.

D

Deleted member 3748

Oh they're tight, like I said, I slip between trees all the time. Sometimes dragging them. And I won't install anything on the roof, I need the branches to be able to drag along without tearing off a light bar or other.
I thought you said you "DON'T know what I mean" about tight trails. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I thought you said you "DON'T know what I mean" about tight trails. :)
No, you might look back at post 12, I said I do know what you mean. :cool:

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
is anybody using these mirrors with the OEM windshield? How do they work? Does the mirror just sit on the bracket?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
is anybody using these mirrors with the OEM windshield? How do they work? Does the mirror just sit on the bracket?
Yes, and there's no interference between the two.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!