P500 P520 Dump Box Side Closure

N

NeHunter13

Jan 3, 2022
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 520
One of the future issues/annoyances that the 520 has is the open space on the sides of the dump box. Honda could have made these storage spaces but decided to keep them open. With this being directly above the wheels, it wouldn't take much snow, mud, or other debris from accumulating here.

I bought some cheap ABS plastic off amazon and made these panels that close off this area better.
ABS Plastic

With the use of a heat gun, you can mold these panels to better fit the sides of the bed and over to the frame of the dump bed.
Cover 2

I had to replace some of the bed hardware so that it was long enough to use to attach on the frame side. On the bed side, I drilled some additional holes and used the same push pins that are used elsewhere so everything matches.
Cover 1

Might not be the most factory look, but it should do its job and wont be very noticeable from the side. Time will tell if they can hold up to rocks being thrown at them from the tires. I had looked at using rubber originally, but these were easy to work with. Can always switch them out later if they don't hold up.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Looks great and should do the trick for you!

Nice to see some custom fabrication after only having the P520 for such a short time.

Rob

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome NeHunter13
RED was the 1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell & they DO.
2022 GRAY P520
Many good people & information on the Honda forum.

Have simular plans for P520 using Truck box lliner fenders as inner fender extending forward & back as needed.
Will use 1/4 thick Rubber Mat to line the floor of the box. ( With a little abuse in the winter IMO the box could suffer Damage.)

While you have the box off.
Take a look at the front stake pockets & the possibility of using square tubing from the bottom front box frame up through stake pocket holes.
-- Foundation for ??
-- Rack on front top of the box & Headache Rack ??
--Side Rails ??
-- Light mount ??
-- Chain saw Mount ??

Keep in mind any weight on the front of the Box -- Will effect Dumping option & how well it operates.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!