P1000 Kolpin storage

WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone tried one of these? I wonder if it will fit between the tailgate and the back seats when there up?

IMG 0161

WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No takers? Might just have to dive in and purchase one, could always use it for something somewhere else if it doesn't fit.

Smidgy

Smidgy

May 10, 2017
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am constantly looking for that perfect storage unit for this thing. I do two types of riding, adult rides with my Wife and other couples and family rides with my two kids. My wife lugs half of our belongings with her every trip we take doing the couple trips as these are usually longer adventures, I would like to have something that come in and out depending on if I am riding setup for 5 or 3. I plan to have a 45 yeti behind the seats on 5 trips, but would like to have the same 45 yeti and a box inside the box on 3 trips. I know I could add any box, but I am looking for something that would be secure and take a lot of abuse. Looking for something perfect...struggling as it seams not to exist.....I was looking for something other than your typical utility box from Tractor Supply/HD or Lowes.

I looked at some from Deezee that have some aluminum setups and a plastic setup that would both work but mounting would require straps.
ATV Tool Box - Dee Zee
Poly Storage Chest - Dee Zee

Kolpin has some designed for the Ranger, but next to nothing for the pioneer. They had sold a universal one that I think was designed around the Rhino and Teryx, but it doesn't seem to be there.
https://www.kolpin.com/products/storage-utv
Outfitter Box | Kolpin

I was looking at some OGIO atv bags that have all kinds of clips etc. that would be easy to tie down in the box.
OGIO Moto ATV Bags | Front & Rear Rack Bags, Duffels, Backpacks

Quadrax has these for what looks like the rhino and the original teryx, not sure how it would fit in the pioneer.
Quadraxutility.com, QUADRAX UTV CARGO BOX

Kimpex has the below utv trunk
https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/atv/trunks-and-boxes/trunks/rear-kimpex-175l-cargo-utv-box

Moose Industries have this setup designed for an atv, but the size seems like it would fit good in the back of a Pioneer 1000-5. Only mounting would be a concern, designer to bolt down the a rack. I imagine it comes with u-bolts.
http://www.mooseutilities.com/products/?productId=121237

I even looked at the factory offerings for the Pioneer 500 as I think they would slide into the box rather nicely. But it looks rather cheap and would only hold up to light items.
https://hondasxs.com/resources/rear-large-rack-bag-0sl56-hl5-100a-instructions.93/

WHITEP1K5

WHITEP1K5

Apr 7, 2017
WEST VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am constantly looking for that perfect storage unit for this thing. I do two types of riding, adult rides with my Wife and other couples and family rides with my two kids. My wife lugs half of our belongings with her every trip we take doing the couple trips as these are usually longer adventures, I would like to have something that come in and out depending on if I am riding setup for 5 or 3. I plan to have a 45 yeti behind the seats on 5 trips, but would like to have the same 45 yeti and a box inside the box on 3 trips. I know I could add any box, but I am looking for something that would be secure and take a lot of abuse. Looking for something perfect...struggling as it seams not to exist.....I was looking for something other than your typical utility box from Tractor Supply/HD or Lowes.

I looked at some from Deezee that have some aluminum setups and a plastic setup that would both work but mounting would require straps.
ATV Tool Box - Dee Zee
Poly Storage Chest - Dee Zee

Kolpin has some designed for the Ranger, but next to nothing for the pioneer. They had sold a universal one that I think was designed around the Rhino and Teryx, but it doesn't seem to be there.
https://www.kolpin.com/products/storage-utv
Outfitter Box | Kolpin

I was looking at some OGIO atv bags that have all kinds of clips etc. that would be easy to tie down in the box.
OGIO Moto ATV Bags | Front & Rear Rack Bags, Duffels, Backpacks

Quadrax has these for what looks like the rhino and the original teryx, not sure how it would fit in the pioneer.
Quadraxutility.com, QUADRAX UTV CARGO BOX

Kimpex has the below utv trunk
KIMPEX 175L Cargo UTV Box | Kimpex Canada

Moose Industries have this setup designed for an atv, but the size seems like it would fit good in the back of a Pioneer 1000-5. Only mounting would be a concern, designer to bolt down the a rack. I imagine it comes with u-bolts.
MOOSE UTILITY DIVISION OVERSIZED REAR STORAGE TRUNK

I even looked at the factory offerings for the Pioneer 500 as I think they would slide into the box rather nicely. But it looks rather cheap and would only hold up to light items.
P500 - Rear Large Rack Bag - 0SL56-HL5-100A - Instructions
Couldn't have said it better myself, maybe someone somewhere will come out with something specific for this machine. Something I can leave in and still use all my features that I bought it for.

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Search Hardigg military case on eBay (basically a pelican case) on eBay, come in all sizes from briefcase to big enough to put your dang pioneer in. Trick is some select few sellers sell shipping free. I just ordered several, really damn tough and water tight

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!