KRX discussion thread!

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Eye of the beer holder bud....all about what your into
Remember, I didn't call anybody's choice of riding boring. I enjoy all types of riding, except poking along on fire roads, but if somebody likes that, I'm OK with it. One thing I don't tolerate, though, is drinking during a ride. Drinking is done in camp when the riding is done. Not judging anyone, but none of the groups I ride with will allow it. To each their own. It's all good.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remember, I didn't call anybody's choice of riding boring. I enjoy all types of riding, except poking along on fire roads, but if somebody likes that, I'm OK with it. One thing I don't tolerate, though, is drinking during a ride. Drinking is done in camp when the riding is done. Not judging anyone, but none of the groups I ride with will allow it. To each their own. It's all good.

Your choice of riding comes down to where you live geologically, no not geographically, if you live in the Mississippi Delta, or Florida you’re gonna have to mud bog/swamp run. In Appalachia or the Ozarks you have more varied hill terrain, out west you have plains desert, California might have good riding selection but you’ll never be able to access 99% of it. Alabama has a diverse geological profile, from low mountains to coast and a lot in-between.

If you started riding going to the dunes I’m sure there is a lot of good memories associated with it. Same for me in the hills and valleys. I’m sure you would find crawling around in the rocks boring, that’s fine. Again this thread was focused on a specific type of riding, there are others that discuss dunes and sand which is fine.

One type of riding being boring is an opinion and everyone is entitled to opinions and it’s fun to discuss them and learn more about your chosen style.

Turbos and 200hp being required for all types of riding and benefiting all types of riding is a false statement. For the specific type of riding this thread is discussing they just aren’t needed, even if they might be a lot of fun when you do have the rare amount of space to utilize it. There are even downsides to a turbo motor in the kind of riding the thread is focused on.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The entire point that got us here was that to get the power for the money the X3 X DS TURBO RR weighs 1501 and has 195 HP and Cost $25,000. The X3 X RC TURBO RR weighs 1811 lbs and 195HP and costs $30,000.

It will cost you $21,000 for the Talon (Non live spring) and an additional $6,000 for the Turbo from Jackson. Coming in at $27,000 and I don't think it is faster than the CAN-AM for less money. Durability may be a different thing, I love Honda but power/weight/money the Can-Am would be my sport machine.

Jacksons claim is 60% more HP which if you take a stock Talon and tack on the 60% to 104HP that brings it in at 166HP.
f*** BRP. I've got 4 $80,000 Manitou boats pre-rigged for Evinrudes with no engines. Manitou was bought by BRP about 18 months ago and basicly forced dealers to become Evinrude dealers. a week ago they quit making Evinrudes and f***ed everybody.

Way off topic I know.

Rant over

f*** BRP

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
f*** BRP. I've got 4 $80,000 Manitou boats pre-rigged for Evinrudes with no engines. Manitou was bought by BRP about 18 months ago and basicly forced dealers to become Evinrude dealers. a week ago they quit making Evinrudes and f***ed everybody.

Way off topic I know.

Rant over

f*** BRP

Kinda glad I chose Suzuki over Evinrude when we bought our pontoon boat last fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But ya'know Creek, if given a choice I might like to try that 200 hp.
May not be red but it would be exciting from here to the first tree....

@snuffnwhisky 220+ HP Turbo YXZ IS fun and very grin inducing, but around here you’re on a track or short runs on pavement or dirt roads. It’s not fun for long. Even with the Yamaha gear reductions it still isn’t good for trails where you have to do any crawling. Although I think he has found a non-economical solution to that.

@lee You should drop by and take it and the Longtravel Turbo Snuffoneer for a spin.

J

JTW

Way off topic I know.

Rant over

f*** BRP
But why?? What’s the point and endgame?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership