God's favorite member.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Aug 7, 2016
Kentucky
Ownership

1000-5
A question for those with KRX experience, especially if you have ridden in super dusty areas, how does the air filter hold up? Did they do a good job with the air intake location?
Can’t answer that just yet..

Reactions: 1HasBeen
box4

JTW

God's favorite member.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Aug 7, 2016
Kentucky
Ownership

1000-5
I set out with the intention of buying a Talon today. On the way, we stopped at a multi-line store to compare the Talon, and KRX alongside one another. I like the seating position, and visibility out of the Talon better, as well as the engine/DCT combo, and the harness ready seats, but have to admit the KRX puts it to shame in many other aspects. I ended up hitting the pause button, and am re-evaluating.
I’m loving the KRX!!

Reactions: 1HasBeen and sharp

Russ989

Only 3 colors boys, Red, White and Blue!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1000-5
A question for those with KRX experience, especially if you have ridden in super dusty areas, how does the air filter hold up? Did they do a good job with the air intake location?
It can’t be any worse than the Talon imo.

Reactions: Mudwing

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

Other Brand
It can’t be any worse than the Talon imo.
There is no doubt about that. Honda totally screwed the pooch on that boondoggle. Just trying to find out if it has reasonable filter life. I have off roaded my whole life without a $400 "electric air cleaner", and don't want to start now.

Reactions: JTW

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

Talon R
I agree, the Talon's intake is poorly thought out but a simple fix. I cleaned it for the first time at 1066 solo miles, it was very dirty but still flowing air.

The Hondabob solution except he puts the filter up under the roof, I didn't.
1593528290084.png

1066 miles -
i-KRxxBDV-L.jpg

CumminsPusher

Blue lives matter too!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1000-5,
Other Brand
I’m probably one of the few that after just a snorkel out the hood (courtesy of @joeymt33) I really like the front mount intake on the Pioneer 1000. 3500 on mine so far. Checked around 2500 still good, nothing to clean.
Even though it’s better for extreme water travel, friends that have snorkeled into the cab I’m just not a fan of because of the noise at higher rpm’s.

Reactions: CID and joeymt33

Adam490

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1000-5
Got to take a ride in @JTW machine over the weekend and it's a damn nice machine. Wouldn't suit my needs for what I use the Pioneer for, but for what you get out of the box I don't think you can beat it for a 2 seater for what our group rides. My only gripe was the noise compared to the Talons I've ridden in, but I could get used to that. Hopefully they are as durable as they look; we didn't take it easy on it this past weekend!

box4

Russ989

Only 3 colors boys, Red, White and Blue!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1000-5
Got to take a ride in @JTW machine over the weekend and it's a damn nice machine. Wouldn't suit my needs for what I use the Pioneer for, but for what you get out of the box I don't think you can beat it for a 2 seater for what our group rides. My only gripe was the noise compared to the Talons I've ridden in, but I could get used to that. Hopefully they are as durable as they look; we didn't take it easy on it this past weekend!
I want one bad! I can’t give up the pioneer though.

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1000-5
Sounds like more seat adjustment and Special color
I saw where the 2020's had a special edition too and that was really one at a special price that came from factory with a lot of the accessories on..... vs buying the package and having the dealer put them on.... it was really rare to get

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Nice! glad they didn't change it up to much in the first year, gives after market and oem parts a chance to catch up with demand given the "Pandemic".

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1000-5
they have info on the website about the new models. I was excited when I saw Trail Model, but it's just the same machine with some accessories

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!