P1000 Leaky brake line

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
2020 Pioneer 1000-5 with 425 miles.

I took my machine for a 10 mile ride a couple weeks ago and then parked it in the garage. Today I noticed a big fluid spot on the floor - on the inside of the front diver's side tire. I haven't had time to pull the wheel and get a better look but it appears like the leak is in the brake line at the spring clamp shown in the center of the attached photo. Anyone else run into this? I have an extended warranty but don't think this is covered.

Image0 48

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I took my machine for a 10 mile ride a couple weeks ago and then parked it in the garage. Today I noticed a big fluid spot on the floor - on the inside of the front diver's side tire. I haven't had time to pull the wheel and get a better look but it appears like the leak is in the brake line at the spring clamp shown in the center of the attached photo. Anyone else run into this? I have an extended warranty but don't think this is covered.

View attachment 268809
First I've seen

Reactions: Lady01
B

Billiowa

Dec 28, 2018
Ne.iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 268809
Mine did same front shock was leaking.

H

Highcountry356

Jul 4, 2020
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm having a hard telling how much fluid is the reservoir. I was going to screw the cap off for a look see but the owners manual says not to remove the cap or add any fluid to bring it to a delaer. What's up with that?

H

HondaTech

Do the brakes feel spongy or weak?

Warranty should have no problem covering that if it is infact leaking. Doesnt look like anything has hit the line. I havent ever seen any brake line issues, except for wrecks.

H

HondaTech

I'm having a hard telling how much fluid is the reservoir. I was going to screw the cap off for a look see but the owners manual says not to remove the cap or add any fluid to bring it to a delaer. What's up with that?

They dont want people "topping" off brake fluid, because if you do, when the pads are replaced the master cylinder would then be overfull. Also the master cylinder should never be low, if it is then more serious issues are behind it.

Reactions: Mudwing and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!