People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Well, I never thought I'd do it but it happened last night. Somehow left the key on and and ran battery dead. My first service wrench now comes on and I think it has 41 miles on bike. anyway to fix the computer so its back to before the key was left on?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I never thought I'd do it but it happened last night. Somehow left the key on and and ran battery dead. My first service wrench now comes on and I think it has 41 miles on bike. anyway to fix the computer so its back to before the key was left on?

I assume you were able to start it (via jump or battery charger) and revive the battery? If so, I'd guess you could just do the maintenance reset (forget which button you have to hold down) and then just don't forget you still have to do your 100 mile service and do the reset again when that time comes.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nope.
Best thing to do is leave it on until the first service at 100 miles. Then reset it so it starts correctly for the second service.

GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I assume you were able to start it (via jump or battery charger) and revive the battery? If so, I'd guess you could just do the maintenance reset (forget which button you have to hold down) and then just don't forget you still have to do your 100 mile service and do the reset again when that time comes.

I keep one of those Lithium Ion battery packs that are small to jump a car battery. I hooked it up and it got it started again and left it run to build the battery back up.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I change my vehicles oil based on the odometer, so my Toyota minivan is every 10k miles. I've had intervals go a little long at times like pushing an extra 800-1k miles even and I've never had an issue resetting the maintenance interval "early" next time around. I've not done it on the P500, but I've done maintenance this way with several different street vehicles from multiple manufacturers and never had it not work. I'd honestly be shocked if I couldn't go reset the P500 right now even though it is only 20% maybe through its cycle.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sure. You can reset it if you like.
But remember there are 2 modes. So double reset will be needed to get it back to clocking on wrench 1 when you really do the oil change.

Or, if you check everything every time like some people. Then it really does not matter which wrench is showing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

natewheeldrive

natewheeldrive

May 21, 2018
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 500
I did an early oil change st 480 miles because I knew I would be over after a 4 day trip to the HMT. I hit 600 on the odo and reset it by holding the button down on the display and turning the key to ON, let go when the wrench disappears. Chime in if im wrong but I believe your hour meter is the issue. The computer clocks hours by key on time not engine run time. Your hours of operation will be skewed for the life of the machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GRANITE
GRANITE

GRANITE

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Its no biggie though. But yes the hours show 12 more than it should...Merry Christmas

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!