P700 Less aggressive all-around tire?

C

ctu5000

Feb 21, 2018
Western NC/Upstate SC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sedona Coyote vs Kanati Mongrel vs Maxxis Ceros vs Carlisle All Trail? Other?

I’m looking for a less aggressive tire. I read through the tire threads on this subject going back about a year, but would like to see if anyone has anything else to add... Any opinions on the tires listed above (or other suggestions)?

I’m looking to replace stock tires on 700-4. I use the machine mostly on gravel/dirt mountain roads, working around the cabin, and occasionally on pavement. Don’t really do any hard core mudding or bad-ass trails. I need something sturdy enough to handle the gravel, but doesn’t chew up the dirt roads too bad... trying to minimize wear and tear on the neighborhood roads.

The Carlisle All Trails look ok, but the 4 ply rating is a little concerning.

Thanks to all!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3936
6 ply big horns by maxxis
27" make you happy
These are 28s and have 1500 miles now of the stuff you ride on....

Last edited:
B

bigbruse

Jun 28, 2016
va
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 71414 6 ply big horns by maxxis
27" make you happy
These are 28s and have 1500 miles now of the stuff you ride on....
I have the Maxxis Ceros tires and love them I do nothing but ride on asphalt!! I have 1500 miles on them and just show very little wear. Our town is a golf cart community and allow sxs on the road. also heard great things about the Kanati Mongrel tires it those 2 brands are what I was looking at for the type of driving we do

Reactions: swsebek
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run the Sedona Rip-Saw Radial tires... I really like them... I don't do much mud, so I don't know about that...but everything else, I have been pleased...I run 26" on stock DELUXE wheels..

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
if you are wanting something that doesn't tear up the yard or roads id go with the mongrel. big horns are great if you only want to buy one tire for everything, but they are still aggressive to tear up some grass and road. the mongrels are dot rated and gives you more of an all terrain tread

Reactions: bigbruse
bkduckworth

bkduckworth

Feb 7, 2015
Ownership

1. 700-4
You might check out the Carlisle Versa Trails. I mounted 27” ones on my stock rims and they’ve done awesome. Much quieter and smoother on hard surfaces but still grip very well off road. They’re a bit more aggressive than the all trails you mentioned.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
EFX Moto Hammer's. 8 ply, DOT radial. I liked them so much that after 1000 miles with 'em on my Viking, I let the dealer keep the wimpy 4 ply Bighorns & mounted them on my new P1K. They've seen pavement, lots and lots of rock and gravel roads, snow, mud and everything in between.
They do not excel in deep snow, or really nasty mud. They are designed to be a tough-as-nails dry & hardpack tire. I chose them for the Viking because of the locked rear diff. I didn't want to tear up my pasture everytime I made a turn.

They are not cheap, but IMO, they're worth every penny.

IMG 0686 IMG 0684 2 IMG 3558

K

kukini

Sep 5, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Check out the 27" Sedona Coyotes. They've done well in 1600 miles of mixed terrain and leave a low profile footprint.

Tire1

Guitaraustin99

Guitaraustin99

Feb 5, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just ordered 15inch wheels and a set of Goodrich KM2 truck tires. I'll report back once I get them mounted!

Reactions: Plumber32
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tusk Terrebites are working for me, they do leave tracks in the yard though! I am not a mudder and do not go fishing with mine! Quiet on the road, dirt and asphalt, "Smooth as Silk". If I need to go to the pasture, i'm pleased.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!