L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
UPDATE:
Went for a little more of a test ride yesterday and this thing rides EXTREMELY ROUGH now.

Gonna soften the rear up a notch and air down to 10psi and test again .
thanks for the update. I am considering a tire change and interested in what you are learning. Hope the reduced psi works for you.

Guitaraustin99

Guitaraustin99

Feb 5, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
thanks for the update. I am considering a tire change and interested in what you are learning. Hope the reduced psi works for you.

I aired them down today and took notch out of the shocks and it rides better than it ever has. Also, West Virginia red clay mud is no match for these tires.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What is the height of those tires once mounted & aired up?

did you by chance weigh them before you put em on? Just curious... the tread pattern on the BFG is pretty similar to the Terrabites, just wondering what the weight difference is.
The 28X10X14 Terrabites weigh 33 lbs.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
all around tires id id h to say the big horn 2.0s in a 27 or 28 would be about max. depending on the trails you ride. if off camber trails you want to ride with something like a zilla. type tire where the tread is more of an inline. if not worried about sliding sideways god with a kenda executioner
heavy tire. 27 is all the bike wants but its a goat with these tires. and if your snorkeled 12 psi all around and it water wheelies just a little past the dash

Reactions: Backwoods
Dave_H

Dave_H

Sep 15, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Here is what 27” Sedona Coyotes look like in stock rims with a Strongmade 2.5” lift. Very happy 200 miles into this setup, much less road noise on hardpack and pavement. MUCH easier on turf than stock setup. Don’t forget to do an alignment after install, mine was 1” out from the stealership.

B48458A1 D47A 44BB A09E 7394455B4551

Reactions: Mudwing and L2R
Guitaraustin99

Guitaraustin99

Feb 5, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
What is the height of those tires once mounted & aired up?

did you by chance weigh them before you put em on? Just curious... the tread pattern on the BFG is pretty similar to the Terrabites, just wondering what the weight difference is.
The 28X10X14 Terrabites weigh 33 lbs.

I didn’t weight them but I’d say they’re close to that. I’ve put over 400 miles on them since and the front front will occasionally rub the back of the fender well but not enough to hurt anything.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!