P1000 Let's see some after market shocks already!

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm dying to get some better shocks on this thing... anybody have any ideas???

Reactions: joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You ain't kidding! Dayum! I've bottomed out a lot after adding so many accessories.

Reactions: PioneerPete
CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I just signed papers today and I could tell just looking at it that I'd at least want front shocks soon. I didn't see anything with weight specific springs yet when I searched a while back

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm ready too and just got off the phone with FOX. The word is they're working on them now and expect to be market ready by May or June.
That's awesome bigsnowman... thanks for the intel!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
FOX 1.5 or 2.0 piggy backs on the Pioneer 1000 but no one will talk about it. Used as a support chase vehicle, pic is from SEMA show SXS is Honda's booth. 1.5 PODIUM C | UTV Shocks | FOX

Baja Edition Pioneer 1000

Reactions: CashMoney
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
Trading my stock tires for them. 2015 shocks. Just need a fresh powder coat. Gonna mount them up

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
What did they come off of? I'm assuming they weren't marketed for the P1k?

Not to sure what they came off of. Dude at the dealer said they were stripping the vehicle down. Didnt say which one. Just said it was a 2015

advertisement
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not to sure what they came off of. Dude at the dealer said they were stripping the vehicle down. Didnt say which one. Just said it was a 2015
well let us know how they fit up and how they perform. As I've gotten more bold with my machine, I've started to find the bottom of the stock shocks a little too frequently!

Reactions: Scooterchris
bigsnowman

bigsnowman

well let us know how they fit up and how they perform. As I've gotten more bold with my machine, I've started to find the bottom of the stock shocks a little too frequently!
I too would like to know what they came from and how they work. I've got a new set of FOX shocks for a P700 on the shelf. IF they did fit on the P1K, the valving/oil weight would more than likely not be right as the P1K is just a tad bit heavier, like only about 500 lbs:cool:

FOX 1.5 or 2.0 piggy backs on the Pioneer 1000 but no one will talk about it. Used as a support chase vehicle, pic is from SEMA show SXS is Honda's booth. 1.5 PODIUM C | UTV Shocks | FOX

View attachment 10158
When I talked to my local FOX guy and also one other FOX contact, they had (and I believed them) not heard about the photos we have all seen.

If you were part of a race team and had access to various FOX shafts, seals, spacers, etc and had some time for R&D, it wouldn't be all that hard to fab up a set of shocks for our P1Ks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is another pice, close up:
Honda pioneer 1000 custom utv atv sxs side by side
Custom honda pioneer 1000 5 utv atv side by side
Honda racing utv side by side atv performance sxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!