Lets talk about Toy Hauler garage size one more time

txsurfer

txsurfer

Sep 2, 2016
Santa Fe , TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am hoping to be in the market for a 5th wheel toyhauler next year. We currently have a 24' Bumper Pull with a 16' garage but after a couple of years our list of must haves has outgrown the unit. With a young boy and a dirty dog a separate garage is the biggest must have. Here is the rub - I don't want a 40' plus unit due to storage and manuverability concerns. Ideally I would like to get a 35-37'er. The problem is most of the ones in this range have a 10' garage which should accommodate a P1000-5 but nothing more. The kid and myself will probably ( if I have anything to do with it ) want dirt bikes to go along with the P1000 at some point. At this point I am almost just thinking about getting a 10' garage and pulling a small utility in tandem down the road with the bikes,4 wheels etc.. First world problems here - any suggestions?

Reactions: Landman
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Take a look at the Carbon 35, it is a bumper pull and a 12' garage that will close off from the rest of the living area and the rear door also serves as a patio.

Reactions: Montecresto and JTW
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
A01cd92a2ae087e448e3c9fffe6a2e50
Iv been working on this set up. Its a slide in truck camper on a 29 foot trailer. Sleepe 4 or 6 with a air mattress in the floor. And can haul 2 sxs on the deck. I'm really excited about it and hope it works out as planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I am in the same boat. I have a killer motorcoach that can tow my little P5 but I hate taking it to the mud parks, and even Brimstone has some tiny roads before the campground. I found a tiny 16' "Work & Play" that will just fit but if I upgrade to a bigger buggy it will be useless so now I have came to the realization that I need at least the 18' version, or a slide in truck camper and tow my lightweight open trailer.
I like the work & play units that are converted cargo trailers for build quality and lighter weight. FYI, some toy haulers have crappy weak floors so look at how they are constructed. The big 5th wheel toy haulers are stupid heavy and expensive. I have a cousin with a massive high dollar unit and it would sink in the mud at a lot of the ATV parks where you leave the blacktop, and it's so nice nobody wants to get it muddy or dusty....and don't get me started on towing & turning that massive bastard off road.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I am about ready to pull the trigger on a new toy hauler so if anyone is interested, mine may be for sale It's a 2012 KC Rock climber all ready for hauling your P5.
Uncompahgre 023

Uncompahgre 009
Uncompahgre 029
Uncompahgre 009

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Look at millenium trailers they do living quarter trailers with n**** garages next year were looking at one with a 26 ft garage they make them all lengths better than an rv. Has 1 piece metal roof no recoating

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
txsurfer, I have a 40' TH with a 12' garage and the P5 fits but there is no room for any bikes. I'm going to buy a small SxS for my granddaughter next year and I'm just going to pull another trailer behind the TH. By the way, there are about 6 of us going to Mud Creek next weekend up in east Texas, your' welcome to come along and ride and look at different types of TH. Everyone has something different.

J

JTW

I am in the same boat. I have a killer motorcoach that can tow my little P5 but I hate taking it to the mud parks, and even Brimstone has some tiny roads before the campground. I found a tiny 16' "Work & Play" that will just fit but if I upgrade to a bigger buggy it will be useless so now I have came to the realization that I need at least the 18' version, or a slide in truck camper and tow my lightweight open trailer.
I like the work & play units that are converted cargo trailers for build quality and lighter weight. FYI, some toy haulers have crappy weak floors so look at how they are constructed. The big 5th wheel toy haulers are stupid heavy and expensive. I have a cousin with a massive high dollar unit and it would sink in the mud at a lot of the ATV parks where you leave the blacktop, and it's so nice nobody wants to get it muddy or dusty....and don't get me started on towing & turning that massive bastard off road.
Why would a PK5 not fit?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am hoping to be in the market for a 5th wheel toyhauler next year. We currently have a 24' Bumper Pull with a 16' garage but after a couple of years our list of must haves has outgrown the unit. With a young boy and a dirty dog a separate garage is the biggest must have. Here is the rub - I don't want a 40' plus unit due to storage and manuverability concerns. Ideally I would like to get a 35-37'er. The problem is most of the ones in this range have a 10' garage which should accommodate a P1000-5 but nothing more. The kid and myself will probably ( if I have anything to do with it ) want dirt bikes to go along with the P1000 at some point. At this point I am almost just thinking about getting a 10' garage and pulling a small utility in tandem down the road with the bikes,4 wheels etc.. First world problems here - any suggestions?

My 1000 will fit in a 10ft space. I do have a 5th wheel with a 12ft garage and I love it. If you decide to pull tandem I would rather do it with a 5th wheel than a bumper hitch. Or I'll sell you my toy hauler and you'll be all set!

Reactions: nbomar and JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!