Lets talk Radios again... Pioneer takeover!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's what I was thinking too. I don't have any intention of using frequencies outside the 2m/70cm amateur bands so that's why I hadn't tried it. But I guess it also unlocks my problem because it fixed my problem. V/M button now switches between modes and I can make adjustments like one would expect. I'll try the software sometime tonight and see what I can do with it.
Glad to hear you have it fixed ! The software is pretty basic and a little cumbersome but beats the heck out of manual programming

Reactions: Adam490
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Couple other things I wanted to post that I have found if you have the TYT TH-8600

Cord that will allow you to hook your existing radio to a RR intercom or a 5 pin headset $65 Rugged Radios Mobile Radio Jumper for TYT TH-8600

if you don't have a intercom unit and want to hook to one of their head sets you will also need this cord $102 Offroad Single Seat Car Harness [CH-O-SC] - Car Harnesses - $102.00 : Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for UTV, Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Aviation, Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more...

that is a hefty price tag and by then you may want to just go with the intercom.

there is also this method
5 pin cable extension 5-Pin Extension Coil Cable [CC-5P-EXT] - 5-Pin Cables - $49.95 : Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for UTV, Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Aviation, Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more... paired with
H15 Single Side Headset [H15-BLK] - Over the Head - $125.00 : Rugged Radios: Headsets, Intercoms, 2-Way Racing Radios and Communication for UTV, Motorcycles, Offroad, Circle Track, Aviation, Racing, NASCAR, Police, and more... and use in conjunction with a headset that takes 5pin input

the push to talk is on the side so doing it this way is not a remote PTT switch.

Reactions: Mudder
Spektrum84

Spektrum84

Aug 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
I'd like to see where some of you with mobile radios hanging from the ROP bar are hanging the microphone. Specifically - I couldn't hang the TH8600 from the forward ROP bar because the frame for the glass windshield prevents a bar clamp there. So I put it on the rear bar instead. But the TH8600 bracket doesn't have screw holes to mount the microphone on the side. I'd REALLY like to have the microphone clip on the bottom side of the radio so I can reach up and slide it towards the back to remove it, but I'm also curious on what others are doing.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I use one of these

If you get the mic close, it grabs hold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I'd like to see where some of you with mobile radios hanging from the ROP bar are hanging the microphone. Specifically - I couldn't hang the TH8600 from the forward ROP bar because the frame for the glass windshield prevents a bar clamp there. So I put it on the rear bar instead. But the TH8600 bracket doesn't have screw holes to mount the microphone on the side. I'd REALLY like to have the microphone clip on the bottom side of the radio so I can reach up and slide it towards the back to remove it, but I'm also curious on what others are doing.
Mines right above the mirror.....
DEBA64AF 6521 4D8F A405 34B818E8075B

Reactions: Spektrum84
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use one of these

If you get the mic close, it grabs hold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same ... but then I accidentally tossed out the piece that goes on the back of the mic. Then @GlockMeister found these Neodymium Cup Magnets with 95 LBS Pull Capacity Each - Dia 1.26" - w/Matching Strikers and Screws - Strongest Round Base Magnets: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

a heavy duty magnet with steel strikers ... I glued the steel striker on the back on the mic and presto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!