Lets talk Radios again... Pioneer takeover!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok I think the real life field testing went great! The mobile radios work great at Mulberry this weekend. There was a few different models of radios and multiple antenna types and mounting locations.
The radios are a HUGE upgrade in sound quality and ease of use.
I would like each member that was there to give there own opinions and a couple pictures of there setup. Then others can decide on what setup that works best for there needs. These radios even will work with the Baofangs that most of have already.

CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here’s the pics

B6828C5E CB38 4EDB 81F0 5CCEFD0AB200 B6ACB3AA D8F2 40F6 90C4 549D93AE936E 0B258AB8 81C4 44B0 949E 5C12D690FF58

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just tried the setup I got from @BetnerComms , very nice radio setup and you can hear it so much better on the trails.
If this setup didn' work I would have tried to get a few of the members to go in and try to get a group of radios from him.

Reactions: sharp and JTW
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I made it with 2 weldable 1.75 rollbar Mount and 2”x1/4” flat bar
Oh even better. I like it mounted to the roll bar. I’ve never seen weldable mounts though, if you get a chance do you mind posting a link for those and a closer shot of the radio/mounting hardware? Thanks.

ShadowAero

ShadowAero

“Big Tasty”
Lifetime Member
Apr 12, 2017
Mount Dora, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ragnar, Jshell3, HondaSxs, JTW,

Thank you all for putting together so much info on Radios. I was able to add all FRS/GMRS into the BF-F8HP using chirp. But it lists just the frequency and name. Is that correct or should tone, toneSql, DTCS Code, ...etc be included?
Since not certified i should operate at less than 3 watts. Correct? Is that Low or Med power, the manual didn't really say.
I think my settings will work but if they could be better or if its better we all use same settings (like certain tones) then can someone please save their custom settings so we all have the same tones, settings, for takeover? Hopefully with Custom Names?
Thanks again! Can't wait to meet all of you at Takeover 2018.

J

JTW

Ragnar, Jshell3, HondaSxs, JTW,

Thank you all for putting together so much info on Radios. I was able to add all FRS/GMRS into the BF-F8HP using chirp. But it lists just the frequency and name. Is that correct or should tone, toneSql, DTCS Code, ...etc be included?
Since not certified i should operate at less than 3 watts. Correct? Is that Low or Med power, the manual didn't really say.
I think my settings will work but if they could be better or if its better we all use same settings (like certain tones) then can someone please save their custom settings so we all have the same tones, settings, for takeover? Hopefully with Custom Names?
Thanks again! Can't wait to meet all of you at Takeover 2018.
If you mess with chirp you can change it to say the names of the channels and not just the frequency. Also, my new radio will be running at 25watts. The handheld is 7 I think... if you’re in the mountains. Crank it up!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!