BOX1

P1000 License Plate Location

Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
We finally registered our new machine,(still working on a name), and now I have a License plate that I have to install somewhere on it. Normally this is a no brainer, but I haven't seen a single picture of a machine that has a plate, or a location that looks like it was made for one...any suggestions from those that need to run a plate?

Jody

Jody

Jan 12, 2016
Manitoba
We finally registered our new machine,(still working on a name), and now I have a License plate that I have to install somewhere on it. Normally this is a no brainer, but I haven't seen a single picture of a machine that has a plate, or a location that looks like it was made for one...any suggestions from those that need to run a plate?

I mounted mine to the exhaust cover. Nice section in the center that seems to fit the plate nicely. Pulled off the cover, riveted plate on and bolted back up. Pulled the spark arrestor out at the same time.......

Reactions: Stauvo
Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
I just looked and that makes a lot of sense. Is there a specific reason you used rivets rather than bolts? I have to get together whatever I am going to use take it to the cabin when I go..so I wanted to make sure...

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey there you two, welcome to the club.

That sounds like a good place for a plate.

Jody. Was the spark arrestor easy to remove? On my Foreman its 3 bolts pull out and used a cutoff wheel on the screen.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is where mine ended up, kind of interfered with the trailer hitch so I added an extension, much better now :)

100 0940

B

Bornlzr

Nov 13, 2015
How big are the plates in Canada? I just mounted mine last night to the center of the tailgate using jack nuts and 1/4" bolts. The license plate measures 5 x 8 and ordered it from Lone Rock Trophy who has Wisconsin, Minnesota and generic plates, great service!
IMG 0061 IMG 0062

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!