P500 Light bar question

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Is there a light bar install that will work with a full windshield?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Depending on the windshield you have - tip out, or standard you can use bar clamps and just notch out the windshield and mount the bar. Other squeeze them under the lip of the roof and use a support to keep it secure.

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Depending on the windshield you have - tip out, or standard you can use bar clamps and just notch out the windshield and mount the bar. Other squeeze them under the lip of the roof and use a support to keep it secure.
I have honda tip out

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I never installed one on the tip out (Standard is pretty easy).
The tip out does limit options as it has to move. Maybe make a bracket to attach to the roll bar mount on the hood and kick it out far enough for the windshield to clear - the draw back will be it will block the hood access possibly depending on the height. I personally went with LED cubes mounted to the roll bar mount and it allows full access to my hood and plenty of light for the woods at night.
IMG 0942

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Is there a light bar install that will work with a full windshield?

I am running the TUSK 30" LED Spot/Flood light bar on my P500 with the Honda full windshield and the Honda hard roof. I just pointed the clamp straight up, drilled a bolt hole on each side through the plastic roof and attached the extruded aluminum stand off to the roll bar clam and the light bar. The hand grab loop is in the way a little so to mount it like I did it is off set by 1" or so towards the drivers side.

15P5Mike

Jul 6, 2015
Do you have a pic of the light at mount from inside Jacal ?

Reactions: Tony21
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Do you have a pic of the light at mount from inside Jacal ?
No not off hand, they are the set that comes with the light bar (Hardware set for P500). I will try and snap some tomorrow when I get home from work. Below is a detail of the light and hardware, clamps on the right with standoffs on the left, standoffs bolt to clamp with (1) 8mm bolt each side which I drilled a pass through hole in the plastic roof to connect the two.
TUSK203020Lightbar zpsvcspundz

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
I never installed one on the tip out (Standard is pretty easy).
The tip out does limit options as it has to move. Maybe make a bracket to attach to the roll bar mount on the hood and kick it out far enough for the windshield to clear - the draw back will be it will block the hood access possibly depending on the height. I personally went with LED cubes mounted to the roll bar mount and it allows full access to my hood and plenty of light for the woods at night.View attachment 6283
What type of brackets did you use for those?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I personally just used a piece of ¼ bar steel and made a twisted L bracket (Bend an L, the twist it - then drill it to fit the bolts for the roll bar mount)
Hope that makes sense - if you need a close up photo let me know