Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I've read and read but just want to make sure I'm not going to overload my accessory sub harness by running my led light bar with it.
This is the light bar in question https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZEYP6Q0/?tag=sxsweb24-20

The only other accessories I will be using are led turn signals and 2 4" led reverse lights running off a relay and toggle switch. Also where is the fuse for the sub harness located in case it did pop?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I've read and read but just want to make sure I'm not going to overload my accessory sub harness by running my led light bar with it.
This is the light bar in question https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZEYP6Q0/?tag=sxsweb24-20

The only other accessories I will be using are led turn signals and 2 4" led reverse lights running off a relay and toggle switch. Also where is the fuse for the sub harness located in case it did pop?
I run mine through
a fuse box
That installed under hood..
....to be safe
got these pics off
this forum...
maybe they will
help

19557 28b70269063ff64afa30d543b1b150db ATV Wiring Marine Fuse Hub

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What size wire did you run to your leads and do you have them running directly from the positive and negative post on the battery?
Anything from the winch go through the fuse box?
14 GA
no...my wife had
the winch installed
when she bought it

Reactions: JTW
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What size wire did you run to your leads and do you have them running directly from the positive and negative post on the battery?
Anything from the winch go through the fuse box?
The fuse box I installed
is for my lights/ stereo
winch was done by
dealer...

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Looks great Rocmar! I've already got everything wired up to the accessory sub harness and it seems to be ok, just wanting to make sure there wasn't going to be any problems down the road. Is there another fuse besides the 40a in the battery box for the harness?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

That's a big light bar. You need to run a light bar harness with a relay wired to the battery for a light bar that big. I run a small one directly off of the accessory harness but I would be scared to run a light bar that big off of it.

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
That's a big light bar. You need to run a light bar harness with a relay wired to the battery for a light bar that big. I run a small one directly off of the accessory harness but I would be scared to run a light bar that big off of it.

Thanks, that's what I was wanting to know. I'll just run a hot wire then to the relay to be safe. I would have done that to start with but the harness I bought was way to short, I'll pick up some wire at the hardware store.

advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks, that's what I was wanting to know. I'll just run a hot wire then to the relay to be safe. I would have done that to start with but the harness I bought was way to short, I'll pick up some wire at the hardware store.

Yeah some of the harnesses out there aren't very long.

You can still power your switch from the honda accessory wire, so it's still a pretty easy install. You're going to have more light than you know what to do with when you get that thing hooked up!

Reactions: trigger and JTW
Longbrake500

Longbrake500

Aug 13, 2016
Anna Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I have the same 32" light bar. Did just what was mentioned I ran the switch off of the honda accessory wire but ran the power back for the light bar... The light bar is amazing it definitively turns night into day..

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I
I have the same 32" light bar. Did just what was mentioned I ran the switch off of the honda accessory wire but ran the power back for the light bar... The light bar is amazing it definitively turns night into day..

I hooked it up yesterday thru the sub harness. It is impressive. I also put a 20" auxbeam bar on the bull bar of my Tacoma. Its nearly as bright as the 32".

0928161934 zpsth6l5x8r

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Looks great Rocmar! I've already got everything wired up to the accessory sub harness and it seems to be ok, just wanting to make sure there wasn't going to be any problems down the road. Is there another fuse besides the 40a in the battery box for the harness?
Not ...
put a in line fuse in

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Show me how you routed the wires from the top to the dash, if possible. (Im not worried about under the hood)

Nothing fancy for now, just ziptied to the inside of the rops and thru my windshield mounts them under the hood to the relay. As soon as I get some more wire, I'll probably run them from the light down the back bars and under the machine .

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
J

JTW

What's the point of a relay?? I wired a 24 inch light bar on my mower and just used a switch with an integrated fuse.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
What's the point of a relay?? I wired a 24 inch light bar on my mower and just used a switch with an integrated fuse.
You can do it that way
I'm no electrical
guy...kind of learn as
I go....

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!