Talon Light Bar

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
Which harness did you purchase for that light bar? I'm looking at that light bar as well and I'm glad it's working great for you.

This was the only one that was close on rated wattage and a larger gauge. Ordered the smaller 14 gauge at first but got me thinking as I was installing it I would rather not have the wire melt... So did some reading and got the 12 gauge. Not a bad deal for the switch, relay and wire

Reactions: Bo_Darville
T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X

This was the only one that was close on rated wattage and a larger gauge. Ordered the smaller 14 gauge at first but got me thinking as I was installing it I would rather not have the wire melt... So did some reading and got the 12 gauge. Not a bad deal for the switch, relay and wire

just pulled pin 6 off the switch so it wouldn’t stay on. Wired to the winch wiring under the hood. Would like an ignition on fuse block, but nobody seems to sell what I want...

T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
just pulled pin 6 off the switch so it wouldn’t stay on. Wired to the winch wiring under the hood. Would like an ignition on fuse block, but nobody seems to sell what I want...
* pin 6 is for a small led in the switch itself.

Bo_Darville

Bo_Darville

Jan 7, 2020
Cumming, GA
Ownership

1. Talon R
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I'm doing up the Talon. Is this the light bar??

The description says the bar is 38" long. I assume the brackets add afew more inches or am I missing something. I'm just starting my research on an appropriate full-width lightbar. I don't want to attach it to the roof. Where I ride, it would be rubbed off by the trees.

I see you have the Honda OEM windshield. It is glass or plastic??

The Amazon.com # for the Polaris brackets is "B07CBVB7L4" but that # isn't working for me... can someone send me the link or a screengrab of the polaris brackets? That would make my life MUCH easier...

Last edited:
T

Tommer

Oct 6, 2019
Minneapolis
Ownership

1. Talon X
I think 38 is going to be a bit short for you (unless you are mounting to the top of the roof). 42 made me have to fab the mounts a little. 44 would have probably fit perfect.

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I have the same light bar and found a Nillight wiring harness with the switch and relay on Amazon for 14-15 bucks

Kevinka1977

Kevinka1977

Dec 31, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. Talon X
Here is the brackets I used. Drill a few new holes and trimmed them back so they don’t stick out so far.

94611A7E 4C50 4C08 A916 749FA083272F 9D5729F9 3590 4F59 9A3B 97F7C9D9CF08 B129E59E 0981 4FD8 AECB 27EF44AD7CBA

ENZO

ENZO

Apr 27, 2020
CENTRAL NEW JERSEY
Ownership

1. Talon R
Added a few lights.. and some green. Also fabricated an aluminum roof to streamline and shed some weight. Love it!

View attachment 161305 View attachment 161306 View attachment 161307

Any chance you want to make another one of those roofs. Its exactly what I'm looking for. Just let me know what you would charge if interested
in making one. Thanks!

Added a few lights.. and some green. Also fabricated an aluminum roof to streamline and shed some weight. Love it!

View attachment 161305 View attachment 161306 View attachment 161307

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you want to wire your light bar into your stock headlight switch here is a fairly easy way to do it. First, you will want to use a relay. Hook the relay up like you normally do. But run the accessory or what I call the "hot trigger" to the middle of the headlight plug under the hood. Attached are pictures, yes my Talon is dirty, please forgive me. I just unplugged the headlight plug, and pushed the striped portion of the wire into the the slot where the two connect. It is the middle one. That is your bright light wire. Then plug the two back together. I attached a close up and a picture a little further away to show the location of the plug. Where you mount the relay is up to you. Many if the XTC wiring harness with a bus bar. Others have their own set up.
As for using a relay and plunging the acc wire into the headlight plug I have done this on several machines. It's really nice on ATV's since you really don't have room for extra switches.

IMG 0694 IMG 0695

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
If you want to wire your light bar into your stock headlight switch here is a fairly easy way to do it. First, you will want to use a relay. Hook the relay up like you normally do. But run the accessory or what I call the "hot trigger" to the middle of the headlight plug under the hood. Attached are pictures, yes my Talon is dirty, please forgive me. I just unplugged the headlight plug, and pushed the striped portion of the wire into the the slot where the two connect. It is the middle one. That is your bright light wire. Then plug the two back together. I attached a close up and a picture a little further away to show the location of the plug. Where you mount the relay is up to you. Many if the XTC wiring harness with a bus bar. Others have their own set up.
As for using a relay and plunging the acc wire into the headlight plug I have done this on several machines. It's really nice on ATV's since you really don't have room for extra switches.

View attachment 200848 View attachment 200849
@philcod,
I highley recomend a positap vs this hot shot method. But hey.. if it works... it works. Lol.

We also sell a plug-n-play high beam trigger and 3 pin connectors for the more DIY'er.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
@philcod,
I highley recomend a positap vs this hot shot method. But hey.. if it works... it works. Lol.

We also sell a plug-n-play high beam trigger and 3 pin connectors for the more DIY'er.

That looks like a good set up. So you plug the two ends into the stock plugs and take the extra wire and tie that into your Relay trigger right? That certainly would do the trick. Good option.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That looks like a good set up. So you plug the two ends into the stock plugs and take the extra wire and tie that into your Relay trigger right? That certainly would do the trick. Good option.
Yes, It even has a ground to use at the relay.
All you need is the large hot wire in/out at the relay.

Reactions: PhilCod
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thumbs up for the DIY high beam trigger harness, it simplified the installation of my light bar because I didn't have to worry about adding a separate light switch, I just use the stock headlight switch's high beam position to turn it on/off.

peekaa

peekaa

Aug 4, 2020
So Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I see one has a windshield... Is that factory? Does anyone know any full fold downs work on this config. Best looking one out there 👍 also if poss please post links to items that work... Thanks

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I see one has a windshield... Is that factory? Does anyone know any full fold downs work on this config. Best looking one out there 👍 also if poss please post links to items that work... Thanks
I have the Honda plastic windshield and the light bar fits like a glove. I don’t think a fold down will work unless it’s one of the ones with the split in the middle as the light bar sits in front of the window when installed. I have the 1/4 wind screen in now but you can see the bracket behind the window channel in the pic. My links are not good any more. I had to search around to find them on Amazon when I bought mine as the bracket links were all unavailable. It was a 42” curved single row light bar and RZR mounts. Mounts had to be drilled to fit and mounted up with the window channel hardware.

Reactions: IDIOT
SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I should also mention to get longer bolts for the light bar itself. The allen head bolts that came with it were too short and would have stripped the threads in the end of the light bar. I got 1/2” longer bolts and they fit perfectly
DA979864 FB8B 407A AF11 1234BB49DA09
1CC9ACC2 964C 45AF A837 B0EC264B3ADC

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!