P500 Light Bars

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

Has anyone gotten creative with light bar mounts? I have a soft top and a tip-out windshield so I don't have the option of mounting to the hard roof. I'm willing to cut the windshield to mount the light bar to the ROPS but I'm not willing to spend $30 for brackets. :) There has to be a $5 bracket available from some other industry, like plumbing or electrical. Another option I'm thinking about is mounting the lights to the hood with some quick disconnects for hood removal. Thoughts?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Has anyone gotten creative with light bar mounts? I have a soft top and a tip-out windshield so I don't have the option of mounting to the hard roof. I'm willing to cut the windshield to mount the light bar to the ROPS but I'm not willing to spend $30 for brackets. :) There has to be a $5 bracket available from some other industry, like plumbing or electrical. Another option I'm thinking about is mounting the lights to the hood with some quick disconnects for hood removal. Thoughts?

Have you considered attaching it to the front bumper? A good 12" with 5W LED instead of the std. 3W will be as bright or brighter than a typical 20" LED light bar. Just a thought to keep from messing with your accessories.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorsports®-Light-120W-Flood-Combo/dp/B00R2QS0QG/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

I forgot to mention that I also want to mount it higher than the plow blade.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's not as expensive as I was expecting. Maybe I'll pick one up after I let my wallet recover a little.
Lol, I hear that. I like the protection it gives to the radiator especially.

D

Deleted member 3748

Have you considered attaching it to the front bumper? A good 12" with 5W LED instead of the std. 3W will be as bright or brighter than a typical 20" LED light bar. Just a thought to keep from messing with your accessories.

I decided to go with the 12" for now. (that's what she said) It looks like I could put a 20" right above the radiator, in front of HONDA, and clamp it to the bars. But that will take some thought and the light I bought was $20. I know it's decent because I used the same brand for reverse lights on my truck. Amazon.com: Nilight 36w LED Spot Work Light Off Road LED Light Bar 12v LED Light Super Bright for Jeep Cabin/boat/SUV/truck/car/ATVs: Automotive

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not sure what your fab skills are but this is what I did on my 700, should work on a 500 too

advertisement
D

Deleted member 3748

For a P-500, it appears that would make getting under the hood a big problem. Looks good though.

This is exactly the kind of idea I was looking for. Probably won't work for the 500, but it gets my wheels turning. Thanks!

Reactions: Montecresto
D

Deleted member 3748

I went with this for now. If I end up needing more light, this will become a reverse light.
IMAG00474

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!