BOX1

P500 Little Devil

educ8tedguess submitted a new Garage Item:

Little Devil

Something finally clicked in the mind of my 2.5 year old son. After riding around on the Rubicon with me, he suddenly became obsessed like his dad. Now it seems as if everything he says relates in some way to four-wheeling (fo wheewin as he calls it) I took this opportunity to purchase a machine that the two of us could ride together and start building memories. My hope is that the interest in ATV's/SxS's promotes a greater interest in the outdoors in general. I work at a high school and I see a lot of really smart kids that don't know about much beyond their front door. My goal is to expose my kids to as much as I can and support their activities of choice in the best ways I know how. Not only does this help us bond now, but it also increases my chances of being put in a quality nursing home someday.

Where did the name "little devil" come from? The night I brought it home, he initially named it Mickey because it was red and black and he likes Mickey Mouse. But I also call him my "little devil." So, when riding it around the neighborhood he called it his "little devil." I asked what he liked better, "little devil" or Mickey and he chose little devil. Thank goodness because putting Mickey decals on might have gotten me beat up.

Read more about this showcase item here...

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
My Honda SL 70 (bought from a paper route at age 12) was “Motor Mouse”. Learned alot of responsibilities and mechanical skills over the next 47 years with 11 bikes/atvs over the following 47 years...both daughters grew up on atv rides as a family. You are on the right track IMO.

Reactions: R-Lamm
educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
My Honda SL 70 (bought from a paper route at age 12) was “Motor Mouse”. Learned alot of responsibilities and mechanical skills over the next 47 years with 11 bikes/atvs over the following 47 years...both daughters grew up on atv rides as a family. You are on the right track IMO.
I never really realized how much having ATV's has taught me in terms of responsibility and mechanical skill. I would never consider myself mechanically skilled but I can handle or figure out most issues. And when I can't, "I get by with a little help from my (forum) friends"

Buying a three wheeler when I was around 11 is what hooked me on everything having to do with driving. I learned how to tow/back trailers with that thing, how to be responsible, how to do oil changes and safety checks etc... I'm very fortunate to have parents that allowed me to have these opportunities and who pushed me to work for what I want. While my friends were given 4 wheelers by their parents, I was told to start cutting grass and work for what I want. I still thank my parents for that and I hope my kids can do the same thing someday.

My daughter likes riding and has her own 50 cc raptor but I think she is becoming more of a girly girl. I'm great with that because we do lots of cool things that I wouldn't have done if it weren't for her. But... I know that because of the exposure to riding, driving things, etc... she will be better on the road when I have to turn over the keys :eek:

educ8tedguess

educ8tedguess

Lifetime Member
Oct 16, 2015
Spring Grove Illinois
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Who's the co pilot probably takes after his mother, great pictures, I'm waiting impatiently on Grand kids to do the same with! Make a lot of memories!
The little guy is my son, Ben. At three, he is the best co-pilot anyone could ask for. No complaining, no whining, and no fear. When we ride, he is all smiles and laughs; and when I don't hear the laughs, it means he is sleeping.

My dad couldn't wait to have grand kids and now he and my kids are inseparable. He said he can do the things he wanted to do with my brother and me but couldn't afford. It's really awesome to watch so I hope you get the opportunity soon.

Reactions: Gassygordo