Tuco69

Tuco69

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2017
Middle Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
832CBE85 58EB 49BF 819A B5231783FD65
Know it isn’t much but cutting the area out made me pucker a bit. Now to begin wiring......winch in last week.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was same way 1st hole liked to killed me for as much these things cost but like @GlockMeister said it gets easier
View attachment 86665 Know it isn’t much but cutting the area out made me pucker a bit. Now to begin wiring......winch in last week.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ditto to all of the above. Here is an idea for attaching your switch plate bolts. I just heated them up with a little butane torch and pushed them into the plastic. Makes taking your panel on and off a breeze.
20180913 194559
Download 1

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good idea would they need to come in from back
Ditto to all of the above. Here is an idea for attaching your switch plate bolts. I just heated them up with a little butane torch and pushed them into the plastic. Makes taking your panel on and off a breeze.
View attachment 86850 View attachment 86853

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't think about putting them in from the back side. It makes sense to do it that way so it gets tightened in to the the plastic. Gotta love hindsight! However the depth of the nut is too deep for what the plastic is so you would need to grind them down a bit. The plastic is pretty melted around them and so far they haven't moved.

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't think about putting them in from the back side. It makes sense to do it that way so it gets tightened in to the the plastic. Gotta love hindsight! However the depth of the nut is too deep for what the plastic is so you would need to grind them down a bit. The plastic is pretty melted around them and so far they haven't moved.

It's always something, right? They do make different depths but when you get as thin as the plastic is, they might be too thick as you mentioned. It looks like they should hold, as I said, hope it holds for you. I just used self tapping screws and put a dab of clear gorilla glue on the back after I ground off the excess. I hope mine hold too! After all the work I have been doing, I hope to never have to take them off again!

FredD

advertisement
RockRain

RockRain

Sep 2, 2018
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's always something, right? They do make different depths but when you get as thin as the plastic is, they might be too thick as you mentioned. It looks like they should hold, as I said, hope it holds for you. I just used self tapping screws and put a dab of clear gorilla glue on the back after I ground off the excess. I hope mine hold too! After all the work I have been doing, I hope to never have to take them off again!

FredD

No doubt! I don't think there is a whole lot of stress on them pulling straight out anyway. I'm sure yours will be fine. With the way mine goes it has had to come off a time or two more than expected to change something.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!