BOX1

Loading Pioneer 1000 into enclosed trailer with a winch?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
So, here we are. I really didn't want a trailer wider than 7 feet, so I purchased an all-aluminum Lightning LTF714TA2 7x14 tandem axle enclosed trailer.

Yes, I knew that meant I'd have to enter/exit the vehicle out the dump bed (when in the trailer) by crawling over the front seat back, as there's just not enough room between the door and the wall to squeeze out.

But I got to thinking: Maybe there's a way I can rig up something in the front of the trailer to attach the winch hook to and literally winch the Pioneer into the trailer ... and, conversely, use the same setup to winch it out of the trailer. There's a (right) side door near the front of the trailer that I would enter/exit from when the bike was inside. If I'm standing in front of it, I can easily get to the steering wheel and the gear shift lever. I can easily add a wireless remote to my existing winch (or maybe install a winch inside the trailer). I will have all the eTrack installed in the trailer soon, too (not that that matters).

Has anybody done such a thing? Just wondering if my idea is stupendously ignorant or if it just might have merit.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a wireless remote on my front winch, very handy. In your situation I think your idea is just fine! Id do it.

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the front floor board has tie down rings, maybe you can chain the two front rings together and then hook on to the chain and use your winch to “pull” the Pioneer in. Kind of like a flatbed tow truck. I was thinking of doing/testing that myself but havent got around to trying it. Just an idea. Its a pain jumping over seats. I feel your pain brother.

Reactions: toddvdh and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If the front floor board has tie down rings, maybe you can chain the two front rings together and then hook on to the chain and use your winch to “pull” the Pioneer in. Kind of like a flatbed tow truck. I was thinking of doing/testing that myself but havent got around to trying it. Just an idea. Its a pain jumping over seats. I feel your pain brother.
That's *exactly* where I was headed with this. ;)

Reactions: toddvdh and Worse1
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too bad your side door didn't align with your drivers door in its tie-down position, then you'd be able to go right in and out.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!