Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have received some questions on eBay and noticed some discussion on here that my cables are thinner than stock and look weaker. Let's clear this up..........

They are thinner, and weaker they may be, but I have sold just a little over a couple pairs of mine ;) and have yet to hear of a single break.

I guess I'm opening myself up for criticism by saying that but it's true. I have looked into breaking strength data on the size of cable I use and the ferrules I use. The lowest breaking strength I have found is around 500 lbs, some sheets say over 700lbs for size and strand count.... THAT'S PER CABLE FOLKS! If you're regularly putting 1000lbs plus on the plastic tailgate you might want to start rethinking things anyways. Hell, you could probably use twine and be surprised at how much weight you could put on there. I'm using STEEL CABLE. I personally have tested mine by sliding a long punch through the loops and hung from a single cable. I'm 215lbs so that's the best facts I can provide since data sheets are all over the place on cable strength.

Hope this helps! :)

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just bought a pair and put on about a week ago...I see no problem with quality or strength of your cables. I'm over 200 lbs and even bouncing up and down, they didn't even "grunt"... I bought mine from EBAY with no problems...
Thanks for a very nice, functional product...:)

Reactions: Mudwing and Farmer
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have received some questions on eBay and noticed some discussion on here that my cables are thinner than stock and look weaker. Let's clear this up..........

They are thinner, and weaker they may be, but I have sold just a little over a couple pairs of mine ;) and have yet to hear of a single break.

I guess I'm opening myself up for criticism by saying that but it's true. I have looked into breaking strength data on the size of cable I use and the ferrules I use. The lowest breaking strength I have found is around 500 lbs, some sheets say over 700lbs for size and strand count.... THAT'S PER CABLE FOLKS! If you're regularly putting 1000lbs plus on the plastic tailgate you might want to start rethinking things anyways. Hell, you could probably use twine and be surprised at how much weight you could put on there. I'm using STEEL CABLE. I personally have tested mine by sliding a long punch through the loops and hung from a single cable. I'm 215lbs so that's the best facts I can provide since data sheets are all over the place on cable strength.

Hope this helps! :)
Ive posted reviews of these cables in the past and did report them thinner. I also always noted they held my 200lb azz sitting on them too. I believe in telling everything not just what sounds interesting.

Reactions: Farmer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!