P1000 lookin to modify thew 1000-5

W

westcoastbill

Oct 7, 2018
eureka, Ca.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased a 2018 1000-5 delux and am considering the 4 or 6 inch portal lift. can anyone tell me if I purchase the fox shock upgrade if they will still work with a portal lift kit that has new control arms. also, I have heard in some of your discussions that the ball joints may need to be upgraded. was a 4wheeler in my teens and twenties and now that kids are out of the house it is time to play again. look forward to your advise. Thanks.
Bill

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I dont have the answer for you but when your finished it should look like a beast, be sure to post a picture.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
W

westcoastbill

Oct 7, 2018
eureka, Ca.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for the right combo for logging skid roads, creekbeds, lakebeds and heavily rocked hills of the Trinity Alps(approx 2500ft elev). don't want to overkill it and sacrafice not being able to use it on tight trails. thinking no more than 30-32 inch on tires. will take awhile to complete but will have pics when done. like a kid in a candy store but no time to do the installs. bear with, the snow is coming. may explore if anyone runs the Rubicon as a group or? in years to come

J

jrod777

Mar 10, 2016
Springdale, AR
Are you going to do a lift as well? Like the full a-arm replacement? Or just the portals? We have done quite a few of the Highlifter setups as well as the Superatv lifts.

W

westcoastbill

Oct 7, 2018
eureka, Ca.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I spoke with Superatv and had them price the highlifter 3" lift with axles and frame stiffener to go with the portal lift. Didn't think the 6" portal lift would be a good choice and they recommended not to exceed 30 inch tire size or may have some rubbing issues. They were great to work with.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looking for the right combo for logging skid roads, creekbeds, lakebeds and heavily rocked hills of the Trinity Alps(approx 2500ft elev). don't want to overkill it and sacrafice not being able to use it on tight trails. thinking no more than 30-32 inch on tires. will take awhile to complete but will have pics when done. like a kid in a candy store but no time to do the installs. bear with, the snow is coming. may explore if anyone runs the Rubicon as a group or? in years to come
I like simplicity , a arms, skid plate and shocks, yes! The rest???????? I don't want to work on stuff, just ride MF ride! HA!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you call Honda of Russellville Arkansas they can answer your question. They build a lot of these things just like you want

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Landman
J

jrod777

Mar 10, 2016
Springdale, AR
We have built several of the Highlifter Rigs and they seam to work out well for the average trail running guy to gain the ground clearance. We also recommend to go with a 30" tire/wheel combo with this kit. I just built one and equipped it with a new wheel/tire combo from Fuel racing. They have a different offset than the majority of aftermarket wheels and don't stick out of the wheel wells=not as much mud all over the place.
Thank yall for allowing me to be apart of the conversation!

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We have built several of the Highlifter Rigs and they seam to work out well for the average trail running guy to gain the ground clearance. We also recommend to go with a 30" tire/wheel combo with this kit. I just built one and equipped it with a new wheel/tire combo from Fuel racing. They have a different offset than the majority of aftermarket wheels and don't stick out of the wheel wells=not as much mud all over the place.
Thank yall for allowing me to be apart of the conversation!
Did the same with Race Line wheels, run 6 + 1 on the front and 5 + 2 on the rear. You are right about the mud and I didn't want a wider rig, some of the trails we ride are tight.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!