Looking at buying a new Pioneer 700-4

H

hondarocks66

Jun 19, 2014
Hi all. Looking at buying Honda's new Pioneer 700-4. I'd like to hear feedback, what you like and don't like, problems, plus points etc of those who own Honda's latest UTV's.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Backwoods
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hondarocks, issues are:
front spring softness, fix is a spring spacer.
Tailgate doesn't lay flat on some, fix is longer cables $20.
Low power above 9k feet(less oxygen up there everything looses some power including you)but it is weakened.
Spark arrester (Honda will fix)

No factory EPS, but it's available aftermarket and it's not THAT difficult to steer without it.

Some people complain of low power. Some don't see it as being underpowered, it all comes down to your preference and definition. It is not a CanAm or Rzr 1000.

If you're going to use it to trail ride, work and carry more than. 2 people, it's a quality machine and will serve you well.

If you want to have 45' rooster tails out of every mud hole and run rutted trails at 45mph+ buy a $20k RZR1000 or a CanAm 1000.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
+1 on the above.

Love my Pioneer. Work horse when I need it and a toy when i'm done.
My only complaint is waiting on aftermarket to get rolling along.

ohanacreek said:
Spark arrester (Honda will fix)
Haven't heard anymore on this. I don't think it was a wide spread as we were thinking. Maybe only a issue with the first runs.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True did forget it was a limited issue.

Aftermarket is starting to catch on that it is a popular machine.

H

hondarocks66

Jun 19, 2014
Hey Thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking for a screamer, just something to hunt, fish, trail ride and take the kids out. The Honda seems to fit the bill here.

Regards

Reactions: Mudwisel
adnoh

adnoh

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2013
hondarocks66 said:
Hey Thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking for a screamer, just something to hunt, fish, trail ride and take the kids out. The Honda seems to fit the bill here.

Regards

A perfect fit for what you listed

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!