Looking at Pioneer 1000

B

Big Muddy rancher

Apr 19, 2021
Bengough Saskatchewan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi Folks, I'm a rancher in southern Saskatchewan. Been a Honda man for ever but finally looking t a side x side.
I am 6'3" and most of it's in my leg. Does a Pioneer have enough leg room to be comfortable? I have had a knee replaced and it's doing pretty good but I do like to stretch out once in a while.
That is about my only concern with a Pioneer as I know the built in reliability of the Honda's
Thanks.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hi Folks, I'm a rancher in southern Saskatchewan. Been a Honda man for ever but finally looking t a side x side.
I am 6'3" and most of it's in my leg. Does a Pioneer have enough leg room to be comfortable? I have had a knee replaced and it's doing pretty good but I do like to stretch out once in a while.
That is about my only concern with a Pioneer as I know the built in reliability of the Honda's
Thanks.
How long are your legs ? 6.3 only tells us how tall you are.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks.
Our resident tall guy @100Acre has both a P5 and P1k-5. He also just recently had both knees replaced. He'd give you the best real world advice I imagine. I don't think you'd have much trouble with the 1k though.

MikeyXX

MikeyXX

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2019
Oro-Medonte, Ontario, Can
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm 6'2". I don't have an issue with the ergonomics. It's not as comfortable as a talon but it's WAY easier to slide in and out of to do yard maintenance. It has a bit of stretch room. I don't bump my knees at all.

R

Rmann

Nov 15, 2020
Va
Ownership

1. 1000-3
6"5" 35 inseam. Had the pioneer 1000 3 for about 9 months now . Have made 4 trips to Hatfield McCoy trails for a week at a time. Each time we ride from dusk to dawn and get a little aggressive sometimes and I have only one issue is that my knee will rub the door sometime but install a knee pad with velcro problem solved. Great machine.

B

Big Muddy rancher

Apr 19, 2021
Bengough Saskatchewan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
6"5" 35 inseam. Had the pioneer 1000 3 for about 9 months now . Have made 4 trips to Hatfield McCoy trails for a week at a time. Each time we ride from dusk to dawn and get a little aggressive sometimes and I have only one issue is that my knee will rub the door sometime but install a knee pad with velcro problem solved. Great machine.
Thank you for the reply. With Covid lock downs and limited SxS out there it has been hard to shop around. I'm about 200 miles to a Honda dealer so not easy to go look.

advertisement
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m 6’2, same type of build and have no issues. Mine is comfortable but there’s not miles of leg room for stretching, I’d find one to sit in and test drive first.

D

DDDonkey

I'm 6'1" ish with no issues in a 1000-5. I really like mine and use it for everything from moving trailers, to driving around the neighborhood, turf mode is a great feature.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I wear 36 inch inseams on my jeans and they don't touch the floor. I'm longer in the legs then the body. The floor to my knee in sock feet is 24 inches.
It would be tight

Reactions: Isaiah
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks.
A 1000 will have more room than the 500 & 700’s. I cannot say for the 4 seater Talon but I do not fit well in the 2 seat talon. I’m 6’9” +- because of my bilateral knee replacement. Hope it helps and good luck.
Side note, a gnome or many will fit in all aforementioned machines...

D301B1CA A69B 4498 99D3 C9EF48A49AAA

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from Northern Illinois! My problem with the Pioneer isn't with riding legroom it's the times when you're stopped and b.s.ing. My 700 feels cramped. The 1000 is better but when I sat in one still wasn't impressed. I'm 6-0 and have chronic pain though...so I'm rarely comfortable anywhere.

B

Big Muddy rancher

Apr 19, 2021
Bengough Saskatchewan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thank you all for the replies, I missed the only one available in southern Saskatchewan.
Is the 3 seater the same in the front as the 5 seater?
I know a fellow not far away that just won a Pioneer 1000 5 seater so will try and check his out so I will know what I want when one does become available.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, the 3 seater is exactly the same as far as front seating. Only difference is the pop-up seats in the bed.

I'm 6'1" 215 and I ride comfortable. My buddy that rides with me all the time is 6'4" 350 and he's never had any issues. He was totally cramped in riding in my nephews RZR though.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!