NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dear Mrs. Vikes.
We are writing this letter to inform you of Mr. Vikes selfless action today.
It seems that Mr. Vikes was out doing some errands and happened upon this poor homeless orphan laying in a ditch almost frozen to death. Out of the kindness of his heart and with no regard for his own safety, Mr. Vikes scooped up this poor unfortunate orphan and lovingly brought it to his home to love it and treat it as one of his own. As you know, in today’s world there is a great need for people like Mr. Vikes who openly and without prejudiced support B O M. (Black Orphans Matter) please if you could find it in your heart to welcome this poor orphan into your home, that would be amazing. In truth, you probably won’t even know it’s there. Thank you for your consideration in this matter, it is a very good thing that you and Mr. Vikes are doing, you both are great people you should be proud.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dear Mrs. Vikes.
It seems that Mr. Vikes was out doing some errands and happened upon this poor homeless orphan laying in a ditch almost frozen to death. Out of the kindness of his heart and with no regard for his own safety, Mr. Vikes scooped up this poor unfortunate orphan and lovingly brought it to his home to love it and treat it as one of his own. As you know, in today’s world there is a great need for people like Mr. Vikes who openly and without prejudiced support B O M. (Black Orphans Matter) please if you could find it in your heart to welcome this poor orphan into your home, that would be amazing. In truth, you probably won’t even know it’s there. Thank you for your consideration in this matter, it is a very good thing that you and Mr. Vikes are doing, you both are great people you should be proud.
Excellent work Secretary of Defense RF!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dear Mrs. Vikes.
Bravo! I don’t see how she could say no already….
👍👍

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've got a friend who has built several AR's and will help me build one, I just won't get in a boat with him, he has bad luck when boating with target tools! HA!

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4

You're right you gotta accessorize that bad boy!!!
Just don't hang useless junk with more ghetto appeal than usefulness.
Part of the problem with Lego guns is too many Legos get added and clutter up an otherwise useful weapon platform.
I use alot of Hoppes #9 and CLP followed by a light lube of a synthetic variety.
As of yet across multiple platforms in many calibers I have not had an issue related to the care and feeding of a Lego.

Last edited:
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Today I went to a big box store with the intent of looking at the Ruger MPS, but the counter guy was so bad that I really was disappointed to the point of forgetting about a AR type of rifle. I was quite frustrated because what the guy was saying didn’t make sense and really treated me as just another guy wanting to hold a movie guy, but couldn’t afford it.

Checked out another big box, this time with much better gun people…but still wasn’t happy.

Finally went to the local gun shop (where I should have started), the kind that knows your name. After explaining my situation, and asking lots of questions, I settled on a RR Coyote Carbine and added a vortex strike eagle 1-8 optics. It was a bit more than i wanted to spend, but it came pretty much ready as I wanted it and included a hard case. Also comes with 5 mag rebate as well. Some of the other patrons in the shop were helpful as well. I decided to pass on it….

Conveniently, (mostly dumb luck) I found the same POS in a ditch on the way home…I felt so sorry for it I decided to give it a good home that does atmospheric testing weekly. I knew my Hondasxs family would be disappointed if I didn’t rescue it even if it wasn’t what everyone suggested

View attachment 309741
Now I might have to have one of those famous @Ridinfool letters to explain this orphan that needs a home to the wife…
For you inexperienced, let me explain...
Your buddy bought the gun and hasn't figured out how to explain it to his wife. You will sight it in and run several hundred rounds through it while he finds just the right time to tell her.
You may even tell you wife how much you like it and one day the buddy might decide he will just sell it to you for a price you can't turn down.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Magazines.....
You need one 10 round mag. This is for sighting it in. (they don't hang out the bottom)
You need a dozen 30 round mags. This is for.... well... because you can't hold up your hand and say "Wait, I have to reload"

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Good points…I’ve considered and certainly capable of doing so…my issue is I’m not even sure I want to buy one yet. I’ve only shot 1-2 rounds thru one 10 years ago, and hated the shells hitting my face at that time.

Thus my thinking of buying one first.
I'm exactly like you. Right handed, left eye dominant, shoot left handed primarily (my grandpa was a lefty, taught my dad that way, and I ended up that way too). You won't have any issues with brass hitting your face from a right handed AR.

If I was you, I'd look around locally to buy from a private seller. Lots of them out there now. I check online listings every day and consistently see AR's for sale for $600 or less. Doesn't matter what brand you get to start out. Not much difference between the sub $1000 guns. Just get one, learn to disassemble clean and reassemble. If you shoot it enough you will figure out what you like and dislike. Then buy more of them!!!!!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Magazines.....
You need one 10 round mag. This is for sighting it in. (they don't hang out the bottom)
You need a dozen 30 round mags. This is for.... well... because you can't hold up your hand and say "Wait, I have to reload"
The rifle came with a 20 round mag. I already purchased 2 magpul 30 round mags. I will send in for the 6, 30 round mag rebate today.

I was figuring on around 20, 30 round mags as a starting point as I like to reload, and I’ll probably just load directly into the mags vs into range boxes, and then into mags.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just don't hang useless junk with more ghetto appeal than usefulness.
Part of the problem with Lego guns is too many Legos get added and clutter up an otherwise useful weapon platform.
I use alot of Hoppes #9 and CLP followed by a light lube of a synthetic variety.
As of yet across multiple platforms in many calibers I have not had an issue related to the care and feeding of a Lego.
Not going to be a case queen…I have others like that…all about simplicity and functionality.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm exactly like you. Right handed, left eye dominant, shoot left handed primarily (my grandpa was a lefty, taught my dad that way, and I ended up that way too). You won't have any issues with brass hitting your face from a right handed AR.

If I was you, I'd look around locally to buy from a private seller. Lots of them out there now. I check online listings every day and consistently see AR's for sale for $600 or less. Doesn't matter what brand you get to start out. Not much difference between the sub $1000 guns. Just get one, learn to disassemble clean and reassemble. If you shoot it enough you will figure out what you like and dislike. Then buy more of them!!!!!
Thanks for the advice, I had been looking locally for used for some time. Trouble is, they always we’re within a hundred bucks or so of new and some looked like they have been used as fence stretchers.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Thanks

I’m sure it won’t be long before I’m tinkering with safety (ambidextrous) and a few other little items.
Sorry, by internals I meant buffer and buffer tube spring. The other AR internals (FCG, safety, mag release, etc.) should be Mil spec.

The RRA 2-stage NM trigger is pretty decent for a stock trigger, BTW.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!