Looking for my first Honda ATV

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2009 Arctic Cat Prowler is old & weary, has been a good work vehicle for us. Have decided to get a new Honda but can’t decide between 1-cylinder 700-4 deluxe & twin cylinder 1000-5 deluxe. We are retired so slow & steady for us, not interested in wild & fast riding. is the 1000-5 worth the higher price? Will keep my old Arctic Cat for dirty jobs on the farm hauling stuff & repairing fences in woods & muddy areas. Wife will be primary driver on new Honda.
Hands down the 1000-5. Better investment to me in the long run. You will see many people recommend the 1000 over 700. I will give one example only because it pertains directly to your original question.

You don't have to be a speed demon to want a 1000. If you plan on 30mph ever which most people will at least ride on road to and from riding locations you will appreciate the 1000 hands down. The 700 is almost maxxed at 30mph. The 1000 will nicely cruise without screaming.

I will lastly make an assumption; you are considering the 4 or 5 seaters so I will assume you expect passengers to ride along. The 1000 will give you the power needed to enjoy 4 adults with all picnicing gear needed.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The local Honda dealer called me last week & said a 2023 Pioneer 700-4 deluxe just arrived from the factory. Luckily I was the first on their notify list so now I have it. Also had dealer install a front winch, rear view mirror & extended hard top on it. Still thinking about installing a windshield & sound system. Wife & friends love it, they’re always coming up with reasons to use it. I am enjoying the power steering!

View attachment 357406 View attachment 357407 View attachment 357408 View attachment 357409
I should have read fully thru the thread before I posted. Congrats on the rig! All Hondas are good Hondas. Don't be caught without one.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If you buy a windshield, make sure it is vented. My P1000 is very uncomfortable in warmer weather with the Honda solid windshield, and I have to remove the doors to get air circulation. It is still hot with the doors off, but it is much better than with doors on.

N

NH Rider

May 8, 2022
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
If you buy a windshield, make sure it is vented. My P1000 is very uncomfortable in warmer weather with the Honda solid windshield, and I have to remove the doors to get air circulation. It is still hot with the doors off, but it is much better than with doors on.
Hi guy, I had the same issue once I put a windshield on. Take a look at the seizmic vents for about $80 on amazon. They work awesome and you can adjust where they blow. Made a huge difference for us above and beyond deflecting with a heat kit. Turns a solid windshield into a vented.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The best thing you can do is to give them both a test ride and try the Yamaha too.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
C
The local Honda dealer called me last week & said a 2023 Pioneer 700-4 deluxe just arrived from the factory. Luckily I was the first on their notify list so now I have it. Also had dealer install a front winch, rear view mirror & extended hard top on it. Still thinking about installing a windshield & sound system. Wife & friends love it, they’re always coming up with reasons to use it. I am enjoying the power steering!

View attachment 357406 View attachment 357407 View attachment 357408 View attachment 357409
Congrats!

Reactions: ChadD
S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well congratulations on a fine, fine machine!! That thing will do anything you need it to do around the farm. Don't be afraid to get it dirty! have your bride get a tow strap and throw it in the back... That way when the Artic Cat craps out, you can call her to come get you! :p👍 Seriously, though, I've had both the 700 and 1000 machines and use/used them on my farm and for hunting in the river bottoms of East Texas as well as the South Texas brush country... Neither have ever let me down!

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh yea, don't forget to go back and edit your profile to show you new ownership!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!