P500 Loss of electrical power

Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2016 and have never had a issue with it till now. I am on a hunting trip 600 miles from home. While driving yesterday it just shut off and left me stranded. I checked the fuses and battery connection and it fired right up. Today the same issue but after I turn it off.
Anybody else have this problem?

Reactions: DG Rider
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Can you give us a bit more info? When it quits, does the dash display go off? Headlights work? Any dash lights on? Been in deep water lately? Any other info you can tell us?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2016 and have never had a issue with it till now. I am on a hunting trip 600 miles from home. While driving yesterday it just shut off and left me stranded. I checked the fuses and battery connection and it fired right up. Today the same issue but after I turn it off.
Anybody else have this problem?
Never had it happen personally.

When you say shut off, did the gauge also die...IE, zero power to anything?

Did you tighten/clean the battery cables? I'd start there. Maybe swap some relays if it dies again. Could also be the ignition switch, though usually they will give you some warning before they completely die.

Also, check the wiring for rodent damage.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Can you give us a bit more info? When it quits, does the dash display go off? Headlights work? Any dash lights on? Been in deep water lately? Any other info you can tell us?
Sorry @70Bones, we posted at the same time.

Reactions: 70Bones
Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
No display and no deep water. I keep it in a covered trailer. I have not had a chance to check the lights as I left it on the property we hunt.
Would it be the solonoid by any chance?

Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Wires all look good I chased them down thinking the same thing with mice or melted wires. The only thing I noticed is I get a hiccup in the idle before it occurs. I loosen the + cable and retighten it and its good to go until it does it again.
I have not noticed any power loss while it is running.
+ cable is not corroded and looks really good. I have not driven it hard since last August but she behaved riding around the house before this trip.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Original battery?
Do you have a jumpbox you can carry with you?
It may have a cell going bad.

Trider1

Trider1

Oct 13, 2018
Blackfoot Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Original battery?
Do you have a jumpbox you can carry with you?
It may have a cell going bad.
I replaced the battery last may. I have plenty of cranking power when it starts. I have a light bar + 2 four inch pods and have not seen any dimming while running.
Without a voltmeter here to check things out I am at a loss for now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!