ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IGR And Speedohealers do not work, The only real way in my opinion is PV3 and transmission tuning. Coming from a IGR Owner! Ive done the Morris bros/Cops IGR Tuning and it shifts more like factory before IGR. The Clutch does engage at a lower RPM and will die before the clutch slips with the tune. Morris Bros/Cops is working on a low range and reverse gear reduction however it is still being engineered and machined. I believe covid slowed down the progress but its still in the works. I will be running IGR And the low range kit when its available, Hopefully before the next riding season!!

IGR does work, otherwise morris bois wouldn’t be working on one...they dogged Reduction Boss and IGR for as long as I can remember them being around. Now they don’t call it “IGR” but if it’s “internal” and a “gear” and it’s lower then it’s a IGR. External would be portals. Which if you’re riding in mud would be better than an IGR. They would be a LOT more maintenance because the IGR has no maintenance, and you have you change oil in portals every 200-300miles. Which if they would survive that long in the rocks would be a weekend ride.

IF they can go more than a 25% reduction for low and reverse and it lasts it. It might be a viable option. The Pioneer could use 40-50%lower in low and reverse because no one runs 26” tires for long but anything past 29 and you start to see major low end power loss, 32’s and 25% put you about 6% lower than stock and is very usable. In rocks that wouldn’t quite give you a true crawl ratio in low but it’d be a lot better than what is available with 25%. I’m not sure how they are going to make that big of a jump with a single gear set. I think it’s still going to be an gear on the clutch, AND gears in the sub trans. There’s not enough room and remaining case material left to put that much larger gears in the sub trans.

It’s not made for the extremes, being mud or rocks.

You don’t need the speedo healers, if you’re using PV3 there’s a way around it. With PV3 you can do as much to the shifting as you can to the fuel. I’ve never installed one on mine and it will shift WOT no problem.

If you want more power talon motor parts and a talon ECU would be from what I’m told cheaper than a tune and PV3. There is a little machining required but if you can install an IGR yourself you can handle the parts swap.

D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IGR does work, otherwise morris bois wouldn’t be working on one...they dogged Reduction Boss and IGR for as long as I can remember them being around. Now they don’t call it “IGR” but if it’s “internal” and a “gear” and it’s lower then it’s a IGR. External would be portals. Which if you’re riding in mud would be better than an IGR. They would be a LOT more maintenance because the IGR has no maintenance, and you have you change oil in portals every 200-300miles. Which if they would survive that long in the rocks would be a weekend ride.

IF they can go more than a 25% reduction for low and reverse and it lasts it. It might be a viable option. The Pioneer could use 40-50%lower in low and reverse because no one runs 26” tires for long but anything past 29 and you start to see major low end power loss, 32’s and 25% put you about 6% lower than stock and is very usable. In rocks that wouldn’t quite give you a true crawl ratio in low but it’d be a lot better than what is available with 25%. I’m not sure how they are going to make that big of a jump with a single gear set. I think it’s still going to be an gear on the clutch, AND gears in the sub trans. There’s not enough room and remaining case material left to put that much larger gears in the sub trans.

You don’t need the speedo healers, if you’re using PV3 there’s a way around it. With PV3 you can do as much to the shifting as you can to the fuel. I’ve never installed one on mine and it will shift WOT no problem.

If you want more power talon motor parts and a talon ECU would be from what I’m told cheaper than a tune and PV3. There is a little machining required but if you can install an IGR yourself you can handle the parts swap.
I think the biggest thing with the girl is that it affects high range as well. Noon

Dezrik

Dezrik

Follow me for adventure!
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2018
MOAB, Utahhhhhhhh
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Oh I'm not knocking igr at all it does work great! I'm saying having igr and using speedo healers aren't the solution to fix the transmission shifting. It need to be done with pv3.

D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do apologize for my misspelling and nonsense. I dropped my phone and broke the screen. It was messing with me.

• Haha
Reactions: wrhii and Mudwing
D

duramaxman05

Apr 25, 2019
Perryville
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah but for me I RARELY get to 50mph , no where to do it around here.
I actually wouldn't mind if 6th gear was a little higher. I do quite a bit of road riding. At 55mph it's running about 6500 to 6700rpm. I wish it would be lower, but you can have everything

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!