P1000 Machine turning over but not starting

B

Bielbs

Jan 25, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went for a country cruise today, pulled over to get a drink and shut the machine off. When I tried to restart it, it would crank but not start. It acted like a fuel issue. We got it picked up and trailered home. When we got back I tried starting it. Fired up no problem. WTF? Any ideas? I did search but there’s nothing exact.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Idk.. few things to check before digging deeper.

Ground issues cause all kinds of issues. Check battery, engine, and frame ground.

If no spark. Make sure red wires on the coil have 12v.

A no spark rules out a fuel issue for now. Need to fix no spark before looking at a fuel related issue.

Any flashing codes on the display?

Well, good luck.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

B

Bielbs

Jan 25, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No codes. Now it fires up every time. I’m hearing the fuel pump. However, when it wouldn’t start I don’t think I was. Leaning that direction. Problem is that it’s running fine now.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!