P1000m5 Make pioneer more stable

N

Noble1

Oct 10, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased a pioneer 1000-5 and looking for a way to make it more stable.

Last edited:
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I recently purchased a pioneer 1000-5 and looking for a way to make it more stable. In the one week I have owned it my kids have put it on its side two times. While I understand it is more of a utility vehicle I am wondering how to make it a little more stable. Any one running wheel spacers? I am looking to purchase some different wheels and tires and possibly some wheel spacers. Maybe just some wheel spacers on stock wheels and tires? I plan on hitting the trails in MI and not sure if the added width would be of concern. Any advice would be appreciated.

I know the best advice would be to keep the kids out of it. Lol.

Seems crazy that they did that. What type of terrain. When that happens to me it’s always doing some side hilling that I shouldn’t.

Anyway, mine is 2” per side wider and after 2000+ miles the bearing are still good. You could chop the top lower if you’re not too tall. I’ve dropped mine 4.5” and I’m 6’. Seems to fit me good.

Reactions: Delton and JTW
N

Noble1

Oct 10, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Seems crazy that they did that. What type of terrain. When that happens to me it’s always doing some side hilling that I shouldn’t.

Anyway, mine is 2” per side wider and after 2000+ miles the bearing are still good. You could chop the top lower if you’re not too tall. I’ve dropped mine 4.5” and I’m 6’. Seems to fit me good.

Crazy enough they are on my property and it is flat. Now they have made a bit of a trail/track and both times it has been in a corner so they are just too hot in the corner. Lol. Do you have the spacers on stock wheels?

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The fox shocks have definitely made ours more stable as did the roof chop. Wheel spacers will help obviously as will a slight tire pressure increase.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Crazy enough they are on my property and it is flat. Now they have made a bit of a trail/track and both times it has been in a corner so they are just too hot in the corner. Lol. Do you have the spacers on stock wheels?

I do run spacers with stock wheels and aftermarket wheels. My STI wheels have one inch more back spacing vs stock.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Never even got dirty yet.They will break and arm or a neck at that pace.Spacers will make it more stable and also be more violent if they do flip it... I would listen to trigger or privileges would be taken away. Eventually it will bite them.

N

Noble1

Oct 10, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply’s... just to clarify my kids are young adults and like to push the limits in about everything they do. They have both put it on its side and think they now understand its limits. I think I will order some wheel spacers 1 1/2inch? and increase the air pressure as well. What PSI would you recommend? Was looking at different tires as well...something with a stiffer sidewall?

Fox shocks maybe down the road.

Thank you for your input

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the reply’s... just to clarify my kids are young adults and like to push the limits in about everything they do. They have both put it on its side and think they now understand its limits. I think I will order some wheel spacers 1 1/2inch? and increase the air pressure as well. What PSI would you recommend? Was looking at different tires as well...something with a stiffer sidewall?

Fox shocks maybe down the road.

Thank you for your input

1.5” would be good. On my stock tires I run 18-20psi but my rig is very heavy.

If you want a stiff tire, it doesn’t get much stronger than the Roctane by STI.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You don't need wheel spacers. They need to learn how to drive before someone gets killed. Add spacers and they'll just roll harder next time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have had mine on some off camber situations and felt pretty stable, I’m guessing speed is at fault there. I don’t care if they are young adults my kids would still get an ass whopping if they did that to my s***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts as well, the problem isn't with the machine. My boys can destroy their own sh** all they want but better have some respect when using mine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!